University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) School of Business, Dehradun has begun its placement 2021 process and it is expected that the students will get higher placement packages in 2021 than they received in placement 2020. As on January 29, 2021, average package has gone up to INR 7.78 LPA in Placement 2021 as compared to INR5.02 LPA last year.
UPES School of Business also concluded its campus placements for the MBA 2018-20 batch on a high note with the highest salary of Rs. 18 LPA and an average salary of Rs.5.02 LPA. More than 150 companies offered career opportunities to UPES – SoB students this year.
UPES School of Business Placement 2020: Key Highlights
The placement concluded on a high note. Key highlights are
- Highest Salary was Rs.18 LPA
- Average Salary was Rs.5.02 LPA
- 515 students got placement offers
- 150+ companies participated in placement 2020
- Overall, 95% of students who were eligible and opted for placements have been placed
- Top recruiters included Accenture, Adani, Amazon, Berger Paints, BIAL, BlueDart, Croma, Decathlon, Deloitte, Genpact, HDFC, Indigo Airlines, Infosys, ITC, KPMG, L&T Infotech, Nestle, RIL, Spicejet, TCS, Wipro
UPES Placements 2020 Overall: Key Highlights
UPES concluded Placement 2020 for all the programmes, with a positive note with the highest package going at Rs.45 LPA . Key highlights are:
- 2311 students placed with 2844 offers from top notch companies
- One student, Saksham Kumar received the highest package of INR 45 LPA from a leading gaming company in the Netherlands
- 2 students received a package of Rs 30 LPA
- 560 companies participated in placement 2020
- School of Design and School of Computer Science closed with 100% placements in record time with an average CTC of INR 6.30 and 5.36 LPA, respectively.
- Overall 94% of students have been placed
UPES School of Business Placement 2021: Key Highlights
Placement 2021 for the MBA 2019-21 batch has started on a positive note and the key highlights are:
- Total Batch Size: 264
- Students eligible for Placement 2021: 244
- Students participating in Placement 2021: 244
- Total students placed so far (Upto January 2021): 93
- No of Recruiters participated so far: 48
- Expected number of Recruiters in Placement 2021:
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Mount Meru, Deloitte, ICF Consulting, ITC Ltd., TCS, Infosys, Intech
- Highest Salary offered so far (Upto January 29, 2021): Rs.27 LPA
- Average Salary so far (Upto January 29, 2021): Rs.7.78 LPA
- PPOs/PPIs Offered: 3
- Better average CTC of INR 7.78 LPA as on date as compared to INR 5.02 LPA last year
UPES Placements 2021: Overall Update - 1000 Students Receive 1250 Offers in Beginning
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) has already begun its placement 2021 process for all its programs. Starting with the placement season 2021, UPES has already placed 1,000 students receiving over 1250 offers.
The initial weeks of the placement season 2021 have witnessed encouraging hiring by top recruiters such as Deloitte USI, LTI-Larsen & Toubro InfoTech Ltd, Wipro Limited, ESRI, Accenture, ICF International, GEP Worldwide, among others.
MBA students secure highest placement ratio
Placement 2020 at UPES was for five constituent colleges. Among the five constituent colleges of UPES, the School of Business has secured high ratio of placement with 95% students placed as against 94% overall placement.
Of the 560 plus recruiters, the leading names include Accenture, Adani Airports, Adani Power, Amazon, Bangalore International Airport Limited, Bechtel India, Berger Paints, BIAL, BlueDart, Croma, Decathlon, Delhivery, Deloitte, Genpact, HDFC, HILTI, Indigo Airlines, Infosys, ITC, KPMG, L&T Infotech, Nestle, RIL, Spicejet, TCS, Wipro, Indian Oil Adani Gas Pvt. Ltd and many more.
UPES has a robust and successful career services department. Its partnerships with industries ensure that the students get adequate exposure and get naturally and rapidly absorbed into professional roles on completion of their studies. UPES focuses on developing a world-class pool of young and talented professionals ready to hit the ground running in their respective fields. The learning environment and practical hands-on approach help students forge ahead on their chosen career paths with a positive attitude, the right skill set and practical know-how. With the relevant and ‘real world’ education and ‘on the job’ exposure, the industry-readiness of UPES students has been one of the key differentiators in securing placements in good companies.
Established in 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand, UPES is an UGC recognized and NAAC accredited University. UPES is globally recognized by QS Ratings with 5 Stars for both employability (placements) and campus facilities and 4 Stars for its teaching. UPES offers industry-aligned graduate and post-graduate courses in high growth sectors such as Oil & Gas, Power, Infrastructure, IT, Design, Planning & Architecture, Public Policy, Legal studies and more. Because of its industry-oriented programs, UPES graduates are a preferred choice for companies with a track record of 90 to 95% placements year-on-year.
The university endeavours to be recognized as a 'Nation Builders University' with a progressive vision of creating specialized professionals in the core sectors that can contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MBA in UPES University