TISSNET Syllabus 2023: Important changes, Sectional composition for TISSNET
Latest Update: TISSNET 2023 is a computer based exam and the TISSNET exam date is February 25, 2023. The exam has a duration of 100 minutes and is a computer based test.
After TISS NET 2023 result is declared and shortlist is announced, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) will conduct Online Assessment (OA) round. Out of its 57 Masters programs, TISS offers some of the most preferred programs which are considered as valuable as MBA from IIMs and other top B-schools. For example, MA Human Resource Management & Labour Relations (HRM &LR) and MA Organisation Development, Change and Leadership (ODCL) offered at TISS Mumbai Campus are the top programs which MBA aspirants prefer to apply.
Good score in TISS NET 2023 will lead to admission in various reputed MBA equivalent, M.A. courses of Tata Institute of Social Sciences. These courses leading to TISS Master's Degree are much sought after by the MBA aspirants. Let us read well and thoroughly understand the syllabus for TISSNET 2023, as shared below
TISS-NET 2023 Syllabus
TISSNET 2023 exam syllabus has been updated now. To prepare well for TISSNET this year, it is very important to follow the TISS NET2023 syllabus and exam pattern.
Revamped TISS NET Syllabus 2023
TISSNET Syllabus 2023 with three major sections on English Language, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & DI, and General Awareness is revamped with different type of questions appearing in each TISS NET exam. TISS changes the TISS NET exam syllabus every year with changes in test taking strategy and expected type of questions in the exam.
TISS NET 2023 Exam Pattern: Test Sections & Scoring Pattern
Area Wise Distribution of Marks and sectional weightage in TISS NET 2023 exam syllabus is shared below:
- Total questions:100
- Sections: 3
- Effective Sections: 6
TISSNET 2023 Exam Sections
Maths and Logical Reasoning
TISSNET Exam Syllabus at a Glance
The three TISS NET exam sections are further subdivided and effectively become six sections as under. Although GK consists of maximum number of 40 questions with highest weightage in the exam, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning with 30 questions consists of all types of Quant, DI and LR questions.
Number Series, Alphabet Series, Eye for detail, Statement Conclusion / Assumption / Arguments, Logical Connectivity, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Cubes
Bar graph, Tables, Pie chart, Double pie chart, Case lets, multiple graphs, Line graphs, Data comparison
Profit and Loss, Averages, Basic Geometry, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Time –Distance & Speed, Number System,
Antonyms, Analogies, Odd word out, Word substitute in a sentence, Right usage of words in fill in the blank, Right usage of word in match the following, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms - Fill in the blank, Idioms - Match the following, Error spotting - grammar/words/ punctuation, Sentence Correction
Purpose of the passage, Strengthen and Weaken, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw and Discrepancy, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Passage based questions, Author's Point of View, Main idea of the passage.
Environment & ecology, Politics/History/Governance/Law, Economy/ Policy, International politics/ current events, Gender/Health/Education, Labor, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Sports
TISS NET Syllabus: Sectional Division & Tips to Cover the Topics
The overall structure of the TISS NET 2023 syllabus covers following major topics in each of the three sections. The list of topics below on TISS NET Syllabus is comprehensive but not exhaustive on different sections covered in the TISS NET Syllabus 2023.
TISS NET Syllabus for English Proficiency Section: 30 Questions
The English Proficiency section Syllabus for TISS NET exam 2023 covers the topics to test Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability and English Language Skills. TISSNET 2023 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for English Proficiency section will test you on the following major topics spread in three broad segments:
- Reading Comprehension
The question types that you can expect in the TISS NET exam within each of these areas are:
- Odd word out
- Word substitute in a sentence
- Right usage of words in fill in the blank
- Right usage of word in match the following
- Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms
- Matching & Error spotting - grammar/words/ punctuation, Sentence Correction
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Reading comprehension passages – short & long
- RC Passage question types include - Purpose of the passage, Strengthen and Weaken, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Flaw and Discrepancy, Inference and Conclusion Drawn, Passage based questions, Author's Point of View, Main idea of the passage.
How to Cover the TISS NET Syllabus 2023 on English Proficiency – Key Tips
- Syllabus for TISS NET exam on English Proficiency is well defined. There will be 30 questions in this section.
- English Proficiency syllabus for TISS NET exam will have questions on all three areas of English—vocabulary, grammar and comprehension.
- Manage your time carefully. Although there is no sectional time limit, but you should not spend more than an average of 40-50 seconds per question. The saved time could be used to attempt Reading Comprehension questions. Your target should be 40 seconds each for the rest of the questions.
- Ensure that you practice variety of questions in sufficient number to get your timing correct. It is particularly important for grammar questions as you will need to remember the important grammar rules.
- Identify and strengthen your weak areas by maintaining an error sheet.
- Improve your Reading comprehension as well as vocabulary. To cover this, start reading well-written books, or a good newspaper, every day. Ensure special attention to the Editorial section of newspapers, as it has the most enriching vocabulary.
- Improve your vocabulary and write down any new word you come across while reading the newspaper and go through it every day. Learn the word usage.
- Do not assume the things and avoid using the real-world knowledge on RC based questions.
TISS NET Syllabus for Mathematics & Logical Reasoning Section: 30 Questions
The Mathematics & Logical Reasoning section Syllabus for TISS NET exam 2023 covers the topics to test you on Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Series, clocks & Calendars, Direction sense, Data charts, graphs, tables among other topics. The TISS NET 2023 exam syllabus in this section can be broadly divided in following three parts:
- Data Interpretation
TISSNET Syllabus: Arithmetic
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Other Questions on Arithmetic
TISS NET Syllabus: Algebra
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equation
- Absolute Value
- Other questions on Algebra
TISS NET Syllabus: Geometry & Mensuration
- Circles-radius, circumference, diameter, chord, Arc, Tangent etc.
- Square & Rectangles
- 3 Dimensional Figures
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Base Angle Theorem
- Longest Side Theorem
TISS NET Syllabus: Modern Math
- Permutation & Combination
- Coordinate Geometry
- Progression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, Relationship
- Set Theory
TISSNET Syllabus: Logical Reasoning
- Clocks & Calendars
- Number Series
- Alphabet Series
- Eye for detail
- Statement Conclusion/Assumption/Arguments
- Logical Connectivity, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement,
- Venn Diagram, Puzzles, Cubes
TISS NET Syllabus: Data Interpretation
- Bar graph
- Pie chart
- Double pie chart
- Case lets
- Multiple graphs
- Line graphs
- Data comparison
How to Cover TISS NET 2023 Exam Syllabus for Mathematics &Logical Reasoning: Key Tips
- The TISS NET exam syllabus 2023 in this section is not very difficult to cover. There will be 30 questions in this section with maximum questions on Mathematics. Arithmetic plays major role in this section. The Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation questions are of moderate difficulty.
- You should attempt easier questions first followed by difficult questions. You have 1 minute per question to attempt, although there is no sectional time limit.
- To complete the TISSNET 2023 Exam syllabus, you must read every part of the question carefully and make sure that you have looked at each answer choice before selecting your final answer.
- While attempting the LR or DI Questions, do not assume or use any information that is not provided in the question. Please note that thequestion is not trying to assess your general knowledge, so use only the information given in each question/ Table/ graph/ question set to arrive at right answer.
- You should pay special attention to words like 'all', 'some' or 'none' when you read the factual information provided in each question. Besides, other words like 'other than', 'only' or 'unless' are also important. These words can play important role in specifying the facts.
- Try to represent the given information pictorially, especially in arrangement questions, or as a Venn diagram in syllogism questions.
- TISS NET Exam 2023 Syllabus for DI &LR is designed to measure your ability to comprehend and synthesise the information given in the question, without looking for or checking the truth or accuracy of that information.
TISS NET Syllabus for General Awareness Section: 40 Questions
This is the highest weightage section in TISS NET exam syllabus. The General Awareness section Syllabus for TISS NET exam 2023 covers the different type of topics to test you on conventional, current, national, international, economic, business, social and other components on General Awareness. The TISS NET 2023 exam syllabus in this section can be broadly divided in following parts:
Important Topics in TISSNET GK Syllabus
- Environment & ecology
- International politics
- Current events
How to Cover TISS NET 2023 Exam Syllabus for General Awareness: Key Tips
The TISS NET exam syllabus 2023 in this section is vast but is not very difficult to cover. There will be 40 questions in this section. This section is the turning factor in pushing your score up or pulling the score down.
If you are well prepared, you can attempt this section in 20 minutes. If not, even one hour is not sufficient. The crucial part is how to prepare and cover the GK syllabus for TISSNET. Following tips to prepare and cover the TISS NET 2023 GK syllabus will help:
- GK for TISS NET exam is more important than other sections and cannot be avoided. To prepare GK for TISS NET, you should gather the TISS NET Exam GK material
- You need to prepare both – static GK for TISS NET and Current Affairs
- Get TISS NET GK sample questions from TISS NET Mocks and TISS NET previous test papers
- Read regularly the news-paper and create your own TISS NET GK question bank.
- A good source of preparation for updated TISSNET questions is Manorama Year Book
- Your TISS NET GK Material should be as per TISSNET GK syllabus
- Please note that TISS NET is more concerned on social issues and as such while preparing GK for TISS NET exam, special emphasis lies on the social current issues which are taking palce or have taken place