IIM Ahmedabad, which is conducting CAT 2021 exam, is expected to release the CAT 2021 notification on Sunday July 25, 2021. The CAT 2021 notification will be an advertisement in short for the CAT exam leading to MBA admission 2022 in IIMs and will contain all the key information points about CAT exam.
The CAT Notification is the document released by CAT convening IIM and it contains all the important details like CAT exam schedule, programs offered by IIMs, CAT eligibility, CAT registration and exam dates, application fee, pattern among others.
Professor M.P. Ram Mohan, faculty at IIM Ahmedabad in Business Policy Area and Chairperson Admissions at IIM Ahmedabad is the Convener of CAT 2021 exam. CAT 2021 exam will be conducted in his guidance with Testing partner TCS. He is confident to conduct CAT as per schedule despite challenges.
What makes CAT 2021 Notification Release Possible on July 25?
In accordance with the following 5 points, it is most likely that CAT 2021 Notification will be released on July 25:
- CAT 2021 official website will be launched in August as happened in previous years
- CAT Notification is released on the last Sunday of July during last many years
- IIM Ahmedabad is not planning any change in CAT 2021 exam schedule from last year. The exam is planned in the last week of November 2021, preferably on November 28 as happened last year on the last Sunday of November.
- No change in the CAT exam pattern and testing mode is proposed in 2021
CAT 2021 Notification Release: Key Information made available
CAT Notification Media Release and CAT Notification 2021 in news papers will contain important features of CAT exam and other important details as under:
- The CAT notification 2021 will be released online through web portals as well as in news papers
- CAT 2021 Notification Pdf Download is enabled with the release of Notification
- CAT 2021 Notification contains details about the management programmes offered by IIMs.
- CAT Notification will consist of CAT 2021 eligibility criteria, CAT testing mode, CAT exam date, registration start and last date, Result date among others
- CAT 2021 Notification will share information about number of test centres which will be more than 155 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select four/six test cities in order of preference
- After submission of the CAT application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from October last week onwards till the date of the test
- The Notification will consist information about duration of the test. CAT 2021 could be of 180 minutes or only 120 minutes exam.
- The Notification will share details about the three sections in CAT 2021: Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning; Section III: Quantitative Ability
- The CAT 2021 Notification will contain details about CAT website, which will go live in August 2021. A section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will address some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2021
- The Notification will have information about the CAT official Mock test release by IIM Ahmedabad. The tutorials to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from October 2021 third week
Your Sunday on July 25 will no more be the same and it is suggested not to plan any other engagement as the CAT notification will consume most of your last day of week end. So better to keep your Sunday free from all other activities and remain busy focusing on key points in CAT notification and CAT website instead of moving out.
CAT Notification: 10 things to Note
CAT 2021 exam will be conducted by IIM Ahmedabad in partnership with testing agency TCS. CAT exam 2021 convener Prof M P Rammohan is expected to make changes in CAT 2021 as per Government directive due to Covid pandemic.
Below are shared the 10 key points you should diarise before the CAT 2021 registration begins after a week’s time from the date of release of CAT 2021 notification.
- CAT 2021 Notification Pdf Download
With the Notification release, the document of CAT 2021 Notification Pdf download will be enabled. You can download CAT Notification Pdf and save it with you, to refer to the important details before the CAT registration process which will begin in August.
- Programmes offered by IIMs
There are 20 IIMs along with their programmes mentioned in the CAT notification. You will need to fill up the name of each IIM and its preferred programme in order of preference when you begin to complete the registration process.
Choosing the preferred programme and preferred IIM is a difficult process and consumes more of your time when you begin completing your registration form. It is advisable to go through the IIM programmes mentioned in the CAT 2021 Notification and note down your choice in order of preference so that you may quickly complete the registration process without any wastage of time when it starts after a week’s time.
- Check for your CAT 2021 Eligibility
You must check the eligibility criteria to appear in the CAT 2021 exam as published in CAT 2021 notification. CAT has already allowed the candidates with 2 years of university recognized graduate degree in old pattern as eligible to appear in the exam. The minimum prescribed percentage of marks in bachelor’s degree to appear in CAT is 50%. So ensure this one also.
If you are not eligible for CAT 2021, there is no need to go through the entire notification but if you are, you must check for the other information items also.
- Cross Check CAT 2021 exam date
CAT 2021 Notification will contain CAT exam date and exam sessions. If you are applying for IIFT entrance exam or NMAT by GMAC, check whether the dates of CAT 2021 exam clash with other exams. If this is the case, you should immediately utilize the rescheduling facility for NMAT by GMAC and finalize which exam is more important to you.
Although CAT exam dates never collide with any other exam date, you cannot take it granted and clash in exam date cannot be ruled out.
- Have Dedicated valid e-mail account & phone number for CAT 2021
CAT 2021 official notification will contain clear instructions that CAT applicants will need a valid e-mail account and phone number throughout the CAT 2021 schedule. There will be messages, information and instructions from CAT Centre 2021 on your registered e-mail and phone number. Once you complete your CAT 2021 registration and application process, the flow of messages will begin from IIM Ahmedabad immediately. So, you need to create the valid e-mail account and remember not to discontinue it till the entire CAT exam process and selection process of IIMs and other B-schools in which you have applied is over.
Following activities will be promptly informed by way of SMS and e-mail to you by CAT Centre 2021 at IIM Ahmedabad:
- Successful completion of CAT 2021 registration after making payment
- Downloading of CAT 2021 Admit Card
- Any instructions and changes regarding CAT 2021 exam, test venue
- CAT 2021 result update and announcement
- CAT 2021 percentile scored by you
- CAT 2021 Registration dates & Process
Registration for CAT 2021 is to open in the 1st week of August. Please check for the exact opening and closing dates of CAT registration in the CAT notification. Other details on CAT registration process will be available on CAT official website iimcat.ac.in
You will be allowed to select four to six test centres in order of preference while completing your CAT 2021 registration form. So before selecting the preferred test cities check the test centres on iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT 2021 exam Syllabus
The CAT exam has a wide syllabus for CAT preparation. Going by the past CAT exam pattern and topics on which questions are asked in CAT exam every year, a candidate can take the clue to prepare for CAT 2021 exam which will amount to preparing as per CAT syllabus.
Syllabus of CAT exam 2021 is based on the mentioned guidelines and current structure of CAT exam. Past tendencies reflect that CAT exam syllabus and pattern overall tests the candidate on Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Aptitude; Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. CAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics on these test sections..
- CAT 2021: Revised exam pattern
Details about revised exam pattern of CAT 2021, its sections, number of questions, type of questions are shared on CAT website and notification. Since the CAT exam pattern is reviewed every year by IIMs, there could be major or minor changes in CAT 2021 exam pattern which could be understood after going through the CAT Notification
- CAT 2021 Mock: Only way to understand question pattern
Official CAT mock tests are the key source to understand the CAT exam pattern and CAT exam syllabus. The more you practice and study according to this structure and content, the better will be your CAT preparation. The official CAT Mock and other sectional quizzes can be practiced now. The key information about the official mock test release is made available in CAT 2021 Notification.
- Important Instructions & CAT Admit Card
All the key instructions in regard to your CAT 2021 admit card download date, exam day instructions are available in CAT Notification and CAT website. All the CAT 2021 aspirants who wish to appear in CAT 2021 should meticulously follow these important instructions.
You should note down the key documents you will need during the CAT registration process. It is advisable to gather all the required documents in the beginning, keep operational unique mail id, keep the scanned images of your signature and photograph of required size ready to register for CAT 2021 as early as possible.
If you timely do this exercise, you will save your time at the time of filling-up information in the CAT 2021 registration form. In case the filled up information is not saved, the entire effort will go waste and you will to begin afresh.
Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021 is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA/PGDM 2022-24 batch in all the 20 IIMs, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR Mumbai, MDI Gurugram, IMI New Delhi, IMT Ghaziabad, JBIMS Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal and other hundreds of highly ranked B-schools in India. One or other older IIM conducts CAT every year. This year the responsibility to convene CAT is assigned to IIM Ahmedabad.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on CAT 2021