Recently, IMT Nagpur decided to reopen its Admission Process for PGDM 2020-22 for a few more days to accommodate candidates could not apply due to the COVID 19 pandemic situation. Further, to promote gender diversity, IMT Nagpur has decided to relax the cut-offs of CAT, XAT and CMAT scores by 5 percentile for female candidates. IMT Nagpur is also offering many Scholarships to meritorious candidates.
IMT Nagpur is consistently ranked among top private B-Schools in country by various media rankings including Business Standard and The Week. It has also recorded a jump of 10 positions in the NIRF 2020 ranking.
Dr Abhishek Singh, Chairperson – Admissions, IMT Nagpur said, “IMT Nagpur has opened the online application for a short period of time for its 2020 intake in order to accommodate candidates who were not able to complete applications and admission process due to the Covid 19 situation in India. To improve gender diversity, we have also relaxed exam cut-offs by 5 percentile for female candidates.”
Key Changes in Admission 2020 Criteria
The institute has made changes in its admission criteria for PGDM 2020-22 batch as follows:
- Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted online.
- To promote gender diversity in the Batch 2020-22, IMT Nagpur has relaxed the cut-off of CAT, XAT and CMAT score by 5 percentile for female candidates
- Women candidates with 70 percentile or more in CAT or XAT are encouraged to apply and avail this special opportunity
IMT Nagpur: Highlights
- The institute focuses on innovative and industry relevant courses based on experiential learning like 'social entrepreneurship project'; 'strategies for life & career' courses.
- Pedagogical innovations, such as lab courses, outbound programs, flexi-core courses, certificate courses with industry leaders like KPMG, SAP, NSE, IBM, are conducted
- IMT Nagpur has a strong faculty pool with perfect blend of industry and academic background.
- Strong corporate connect with 100+ senior corporate leaders visiting IMT Nagpur in an academic year, result into good and consistent placement records.
- 4000+ alumni network of IMT Nagpur and 30,000+ IMT group alumni network across the globe
- Student driven campus with plenty of professional and personal growth opportunities in the form of committees, academic forums, clubs,
- State of the art infrastructure and facilities in campus for teaching learning and recreation
Specializations Offered and Intake
IMT Nagpur offers three programs: PGDM, PGDM – Marketing and PGDM – Finance with a total intake of 360 seats. In its PGDM programme, IMT Nagpur offers specialization in Marketing, Finance, HR & OB, Operations Management, Business Analytics & IT, and Economics.
IMT Nagpur will offer following scholarships to the students in different PGDM programmes of 2020-22 batch
- Special scholarship (approx. 65% fee waiver) for candidates with 90 percentile and above in CAT 2019 and XAT 2020 scores will be offered
- 15 scholarships (5 in each PGDM program) of 95% fee waiver in academic fee for the EWS category candidates are available
- After completing 1st year of PGDM programs, institute offers "Merit-based Scholarships" and "Merit-cum-Means Scholarships" to the meritorious students across various specializations.
IMT Nagpur Fees
The total programme fees payable by students of PGDM 2020-22 batch at IMT Nagpur is Rs.12.10 lakhs for two years.
IMT Nagpur Placements
IMT Nagpur has recorded consistently high placements over the years. Average salary in Placement 2020 has stood at Rs.7.94 LPA and the highest salary is Rs.16 LPA. The placement process was stalled due to Corona Virus lockdown after 85% of the batch got placed.
90 recruiters had visited the campus for placement 2020 prior to lockdown and offered roles in the Finance, BA & IT, Marketing, HR, Operations and other key domains. Some of the top recruiters include Bain & Company, Bata, CRISIL, Fujitsu, Deloitte, Exide, ICICI Bank, KPMG, Federal Bank, Nielsen, Blue Star, SBI Life, Wipro among others
How to Apply for IMT Nagpur Admission 2020
To explore admission opportunity in IMT Nagpur, the candidates need to apply for admission by using and filling up the application form of IMT Nagpur. The Application fee is Rs.2000/- which can be paid online or though demand draft.
IMT Nagpur Admission Eligibility
- IMT Nagpur eligibility criteria require that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- Apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should be registered for CAT 2019/XAT 2020/CMAT 2020 or GMAT (Taken between Jan 1, 2016 and February 28, 2020) and must score well to become eligible for admission.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results is also eligible to apply for IMT Nagpur Admission
IMT Nagpur Selection Criteria
- Applicants will be short-listed for Group Exercise & Personal Interview round on the basis of one of the following test score available CAT 2019 OR XAT 2020 OR GMAT OR CMAT 2020
- Applicants will be called for Group Exercise & Personal Interview process only once.
- The candidates who have applied on the basis of more than one test score, the best score of such candidates shall be taken into the consideration at the time of Admission Offer
- Admission decisions will be made after the Group Exercise & Personal Interview process and admission offers will be made to the selected applicants.
Criteria Relaxed for Women Candidates
- IMT Nagpur has relaxed the cut-offs of CAT/XAT and CMAT scores by 5 percentile for female candidates.
- Women candidates with 70 percentile or more in CAT or XAT can apply and avail this special opportunity for admission
Personal Interview Parameters
The candidate shortlisted will have a Group Exercise & Personal Interview process during which he/she will be evaluated on following five parameters:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Business Affairs and General Awareness
- Domain Knowledge
- Future potential for employability
The final merit of the candidate is a cumulative weighted average of the following components:
- CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT (best score)
- Academic Scores (Xth, XIIth and graduation) and quality/reputation and ranking of graduating college/institute/university
- Performance in Group Exercise & Personal Interview process in terms of above mentioned parameters
- Work experience, both in duration and quality (for working candidates)
IMT Nagpur Final Selection Criteria weights for Admission 2020-22:
|Components||Percentage of Weightage||Key Points to Note|
|CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT Score||35%||Best Score obtained in one of the exams will be considered|
|Academic score & Quality of Graduating Institute||25%||Quality of Graduating Institute/College/University will be considered|
|Work Experience (Duration & Quality)||10%||Highest Weightage depends upon the duration and quality of work experience|
|Academic Diversity||10%||For Non-Engineers|
|Group Exercise & Personal Interview||20%||Depends upon the Performance of the candidate in PI round|
|Total||100%||Both merit and campus score cut offs will be the basis of selection|
So, if you want to take Admission this year and have decent Exam Scores, IMT Nagpur can be a good choice. Check more details.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on IMT Nagpur