Jagdish Sheth School of Management (JAGSoM), the AACSB Accredited and Globally Ranked B-School, recently held the commencement ceremony of its PGDM (General Management) and Specialized PGDM 2022-24 batch. With its unique admission process, JAGSoM has admitted highly diverse PGDM Batch 2022-24 with greater gender, academic and cultural diversity. More students with work experience have joined JAGSoM this year. Besides, candidates with achievements and interest in varied non-curricular activities like sports, music, film making, adventure & travelling are part of new batch.
Before we review the batch highlights, here is a quick overview of this fast-growing institution.
JAGSoM Journey: Key Milestones
- In 2010, BITS Alumni & Tech-entrepreneur Sanjay Padode took over as the Chairman of IFIM Business School, set up in 1995 by his Father late Shri VB Padode, founder of Dalal Street Journal (DSJ) Group.
- In 2018, IFIM Business School became the sixth B-school in India after ISB, TAPMI, IIM Calcutta, IMT Ghaziabad, and XLRI, to be AACSB Accredited.
- In the same year, Dr. Atish Chattopadhyay, former Director of IMT Ghaziabad, Dean of MICA, and Deputy Director at SPJIMR Mumbai joined IFIM Business School.
- In 2020, QS Masters in Marketing Ranking 2021 ranked JAGSoM amongst the Top 100 such programs in the world.
- On October 21, 2020, IFIM Business School Bangalore got rechristened as JAGSoM after globally respected management guru Padma Bhushan Dr. Jagdish Sheth.
- In February 2022, JAGSoM becomes one of the first B-schools in India to get Multi-Campus (Bangalore & Mumbai-Karjat) & Multi-Program (BBA, MBA, PGDM, PGDM E) Accreditation from AACSB International.
- JAGSoM strengthen its placements processes. For PGDM 2022, JAGSoM completed Placements with an Average Salary of Rs 10.58 Lakhs Per Annum and Highest Salary of Rs.22.25 lakhs per annum.
- JAGSOM pivots its admission process in 2022. This led to an unprecedented increase of 68% YoY increase in its Applicant pool and increase of over 60% in the percentage of accepted offers JAGSoM has also increased total seats for its two-year PGDM program from 120 to 180.
Coming back to the Batch commencement, JAGSoM held the PGDM commencement ceremony on June 2 for PGDM (General Management) and on July 7 for its Specialized PGDM programs. The Program started with diksha-aarambh ceremony in presence of JAGSoM Founder, Director, faculty members with students and the alumni joining online. Addressing the students, Dr Atish Chattopadhyay, Director, JAGSoM said, “JAGSoM focusses on nurturing eager learners as professionals for new age roles in new age industries. The Institution believes in admitting rough diamonds and convert them as polished diamonds.”
JAGSoM Deputy Director Prof. Rakesh Mediratta further added, “Success and failure are a part of life. Success is never final, nor failure is constant. It changes. At JAGSoM we select the person with the right “value fit” to ensure that the legacy of the brand is intact.” Prof. Rajarshi Chakraborty, Chair, Admissions, added, “JAGSoM stands for nurturing holistic, socially responsible and continuously employable professionals. It is an Institution that focusses on transformation of each and every student.” Ms. Isha Agarwal, member of the student admission committee said “JAGSoM is the best place to transform yourself as a person and as a professional. We have the best faculty, who interacts with us and the best programs to groom us to an Industry 4.0 professional”
The batch was also addressed by Mr. Amit Tyagi, Chief Marketing Officer, HTC Global Services, who focused on grabbing the opportunities provided by JAGSoM for developing self and some very prominent alumni members of the institution like Ms. Namrata Hegde (Batch of 2011-13) and Ms. Namrata Ghatage (Batch of 2006-08), who shared their experiences as students of JAGSoM.
JAGSoM 2022-24 Batch Profile: Key Highlights
Key highlights of the JAGSoM PGDM 2022-24 batch profile are:
1. Focus on Diversity
Driven by its diversity focus, JAGSOM has a unique mix of cohort, which will play an important role in the participants learning experience in the class. Key highlights are
1.1 Gender Diversity: The PGDM batch of 2021-23 is diverse group with 38% women and 62% Men.
1.2 Academic Diversity: The batch is diverse in terms of academic backgrounds with 20% Engineers. 30% from a management background, 32% of the students are from a commerce background, 6% from Arts and Humanities, 8% from science background and remaining 4% from areas like Pharmacy, Law, Hotel Management, Mass Communication and Computer Application.
1.3 Cultural & Geographical Diversity: The cohort has representation from around 26 states across India. It also features students from UAE. The most number of students are West Bengal (11.15%), Uttar Pradesh (10.51%), Karnataka (8.92%), Jharkhand (9%), Madhya Pradesh (9%) and Andhra Pradesh (7%). Apart from the above mentioned states the batch has representations from Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Telengana, New Delhi, Bihar, Assam, Odisha, Haryana, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Goa, Chattisgarh, Manipur, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Puducherry, Uttarakahnd and one student from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
2. Work Experience: JAGSoM Batch has a good mix of students who have corporate experience as well as freshers.
- 27% of the batch has corporate experience
- 6% of the batch have an experience from 0 to 6 months
- 5% of the batch have experience between 6 months to 1 year
- 9% of the batch have experience between 1 year to 2 years
- 7% of the batch have experience of more than 2 years.
The students who have corporate experience have worked in various sectors ranging from manufacturing to IT, ITES, Tourism, BFSI etc. This mix of experience along with fresh graduates drawn from diverse academic backgrounds, supported by gender and geographical diversity creates an eclectic mix for stimulating peer learning.
3. Achievers with Exceptional Talent
JAGSoM batch comprises of many talented students in various fields. Following are some of the fields in which students from this batch have excelled.
3.1 Film Making
One of the students in the batch has been awarded the “Best Mobile Film Award” in Mokkho International Film Festival for his work in a mobile film called “Barefoot”.
This batch comprises of several students who have excelled in different fields of sports like Basketball, Badminton, Cricket and Soccer. Two students have represented the State team in Badminton and soccer. Apart from that we have quite a few students who have represented their districts and universities in the other sports.
3.3 Fitness Enthusiasts
The batch comprises of more than 30 students who are real fitness enthusiasts and getting into any fitness regime id something that raises their levels of adrenaline. There are 3 students who take pride in the fact that they have lost over 30 kgs of their body weight to rediscover themselves and their level of confidence.
3.4 Adventure and Travelling
Adventure activities like trekking, photography and travelling seem to be the favorite among the students of this batch. Travelling to different places for adventure and other activities are definitely in the wish list for many students.
3.5 Cooking and Baking
JAGSoM has many students whose passions are cooking and baking different dishes. Whether it is continental cuisine or Chinese cuisine or Indian, it seems that there is a big lot of foodies in the batch who love to cook as well.
4. Students with Research and Publications Background
This batch comprises of 5 students who have a research background and have won some prestigious awards at the state level for their research work that they had done, one such award is the prestigious “Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship awarded by three National Science Academies of India-2017 (IASc-INSA-NASI)”
5. Music and Dance Lovers
There are quite a lot of students who are trained singers and dancers in this batch. From representing their schools and universities, there are also students who have represented different professional schools and participated in various national level competitions.
JAGSoM Diverse Profile: Result of Unique Admission Process
JAGSoM has adopted a unique admission process in which the applicants are assessed by the faculty, alumni, and the industry experts. The assessment is based on JAGMAT, it is an aptitude test and comprises of 3 sections, which are English Language Proficiency (ELP), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Logical Reasoning (LR). Each section will be of 25 marks summing to 75 marks. There will not be any negative marking. Duration of the test will be 90 minutes, followed by personal interaction with the panel. JAGSoM has continued with an interaction with the shoulder batch i.e. students from the current batch of 2021-23. The shoulder batch gets an opportunity to interact with their potential juniors. The final selection at JAGSoM is based on the “value fit” of each candidate.
JAGSoM offers Scholarships worth Rs.1.5 Crore
JAGSoM has offered total scholarships worth Rs.1.5 cr and out of these 5 students have received merit cum means scholarship covering tuition boarding and lodging. This is the first of its kind in India where boarding and lodging is also covered supporting those who are with merit but economically challenged.
Apart from the tuition fees, the expenses on hostel accommodation and food amounts to around Rs.3 lakhs for two years. The 'merit-cum-means scholarship' addresses this gap. Besides the scholarship is coupled with 'student-assistanship' where JAGSoM provides an 'Assistanship' of Rs. 10,000/- per month that support JAGSoM faculty in research. Senior students are provided 'teaching assistantship' of Rs. 1000/-:per hour for conducting tutorials for junior students during the post class hours.
Sharing with MBAUniverse.com the rationale of offering the Scholarship, Dr Atish Chattopadhyaya, Director JAGSoM said, “The 'Merit-cum-Means scholarship' is aligned to one of the three pillars JAGSoM's mission of 'Social Responsibility' and added further, “In a developing country like India, given the inequality of income distribution, we as an institution believe that no aspirant should be denied access to quality education owing to economic challenges and The 'assistantships' are designed to support the students with out-of-pocket expenses, and to enable them to make them feel part of the larger group.”
JAGSoM Eligibility Criteria for Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Following students are eligible to apply for the scholarship
- Students who have obtained 80% or equivalent marks in 10th, 12th and a first class or equivalent in graduation
- Students who have secured 60% in JAGMAT
- Students who have positive recommendation by all the interview panelists ( shoulder/senior batch, industry expert and faculty)
Jagdish Sheth School of Management (formerly IFIM Business School) is amongst the first 6 Business Schools in India to have been awarded the AACSB accreditation. JAGSoM has been ranked by QS master’s in marketing Ranking 2022 amongst the Top programs (in 101-150 band) in the World for its PGDM (Marketing & Analytics) program. It has also been ranked in the 151-200 Band Globally in the QS Masters in Finance Rankings for its PGDM (Finance) Program.
JAGSoM offers 2 Years PGDM Program, PGDM Masters in Marketing, Finance and Business Analytics domains to groom professionals for new age roles, from the Bangalore campus. JAGSoM also offers MBA and BBA (Honours) from its campus at Vijaybhoomi University, which is located in Karjat, Greater Mumbai.
- IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile: Check 5 Key Trends that underline IIMA’s Diversity Focus
- IIM Kozhikode Admits Diverse PGP Batch with 39% Women Out of 483 Students; Session to Commence in July
- IIM Nagpur PGP Batch: Check Gender, Work Ex, Academic Profile of 258 Students admitted from 20 States
- IIM Trichy Batch: 60% Female Students admitted to PGPM; three more programs inaugurated
Stay tuned to MBAUnniverse.com for more MBA updates.