During the Orientation, the students will be acquainted with various aspects of the programme, and the Institute. A speaker series hosting prominent figures from various fields is also scheduled. IIM Nagpur will be hosting Padma Bhushan Sri M (Head, Satsang Foundation), Mr Randeep Sudan (Founder and CEO, Mutiverz), Mr MVN Rao (Group Head, HR & CSR, L&T), and Mr Ashish Vidyarthi (National Award-winning Actor), as part of this series.
IIM Nagpur PGP Batch 2021-23 Profile
Here is the profile of seventh batch of IIMN.
- Total Number of Students: The PGP Batch of 2021-23 is comprised of 258 students.
- Gender Diversity: Percentage of Female candidates is 23%.
- Average Age: The average age of the students, who hail from more than 20 states, is 24 years.
- Freshers Vs Work Ex Candidates: Fresh graduates constitute 37% of the batch, which has an average work experience of 17 months.
- Non Engineers: This IIMN batch has the highest proportion of non-engineers - 21% - till date.
- Academic & Professional Experiences: IIMN batch is quite diverse, with experienced workers from consulting, hospitality, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, banking, financial services, fashion marketplace services, EdTech, political consultancy, forensic and integrity services, chartered accountants and entrepreneurs making up a considerable proportion of the batch.
Prof. Varsha Khandker, Chairperson, Admissions, welcomed the participants of the programmes, noting that the PGP Batch of 2021-23 has the highest proportion of non-engineers (21%) till date. Students from more than twenty states of the country are represented in this IIMN batch. In his address to the students, Prof. Prakash Awasthy, PGP Chairperson reiterated that the coming two years would be of immense importance to them. In a changing industrial environment, Prof Awasthy said, the learnings at IIM Nagpur would enable to students to manoeuvre new challenges.
Dr Bhimaraya Metri, Director, IIM Nagpur, addressed the students and began by congratulating the students and their parents, mentioning that they students are embarking upon a very significant journey that starts from Nagpur, the centre of India. He mentioned that IIM Nagpur is the only IIM located in the heart of the industry, in the 5th fastest growing city in the world. Dr Metri shared that the Institute is the fastest growing IIM with its physical infrastructure nearly complete, and a state-of-the-art permanent campus nearly ready to operate as soon as it was safe under the present pandemic circumstances.
Dr Metri also emphasized on the presence of a young but remarkably qualified and experienced faculty, the continuous engagement with industry experts and a global outlook as evidenced by IIM Nagpur’s many strategic partnerships with universities in Japan, Europe, Canada and the US. He mentioned that the students’ learning will further be enhanced by initiatives such as Industry Week (where successful entrepreneurs will share their experiences with the students), International Week (wherein faculty members from renowned universities from around the world will teach the students), Business Thought Leadership Programme and e-mentoring that will connect students with alumni working in the corporate world.
Names of the awardees of the Certificates of Merit (term-wise toppers from each section) and the Director’s Merit Certificates (top 5 percent of the batch) among the PGP 2020-22 Batch were also announced. The Certificates of Merit were awarded to Dimpy Khurana, Savio Joseph Zacharia, Rampa Karthik, Shubham Mahajan, Richa Chowdhury, Saurabh Bhargava, Abhishek Bangad, Pragati Lohani and Samruddhi Koli. Richa Chowdhury, Pragati Lohani, Dimpy Khurana, Saurabh Bhargava, Abhishek Bangad, Samruddhi Koli and Shubham Mahajan were also the recipients of the Director’s Merit List Certificates, along with Bishal Dhar, CPS Gowtham and Chinmoy Mishra.
- IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile 2021-22: Check 5 Key Trends that underline IIMA’s Diversity Focus
- IIM Kozhikode Admits Diverse PGP 2021-23 Batch with 39% Women Out of 483 Students; Session to Commence in July
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more highlights from IIMs and Top B-schools.