Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon has closed its application last date on November 27, 2020 for PGDM admission 2021. However, offering the last opportunity to study at Management Development Institute, the application process for PGDM admission 2021 at its other campus- MDI Murshidabad is open till January 31, 2021. So if you missed to apply for MDI Gurgaon, you can still avail this opportunity and fulfil your dream of pursuing PGDM 2021-23 from MDI Murshidabad.
As both campuses of MDI accept CAT exam score, the applicants who have taken CAT 2020 on November 29, 2020, are advised not to wait for last day to fill forms as there remains a possibility of last minute technical glitches. So, if you wish to study at MDI, it is better to apply now for MDI Murshidabad admission
Read this special article below on MDI admission 2021 and check the eligibility, criteria, fee, placement, application process at MDI Gurgaon.
MDI Gurgaon admission application is online process and the application fee is Rs.3000 inclusive of GST. The institute opened its admission process 2021 on September 16, 2020.
MDI Gurgaon is regarded as one of the best management institutes in India. It is ranked among top 10 B-schools in India in NIRF Ranking 2020 and MBAUniverse.com Ranking 2019-20. The institute offers AICTE approved two years full time PGDM/PGDM-HRM and PGDM-IB programmes apart from other one year PGDM programmes and doctoral programmes.
CAT 2020 exam scores will be accepted by MDI Gurgaon to shortlist candidates for second phase of admission round 2021. The B-school although considers good sectional scores, overall CAT 2020 percentile will be the principal shortlisting criterion for GD/PI round of MDI Gurgaon. IIMs, however have no role either in the selection process or in conducting the programme at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
2 Years Full Time PGDM Programmes at MDI
MDI Gurgaon offers three main 2 years full time PGDM programmes namely Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM); Post Graduate Programme – Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM) and Post Graduate Programme - International Business (PGP-IB).
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2021: Important Dates
The first step to participate in MDI 2021 Admission process is to apply for CAT 2020 and also apply to MDI Gurgaon separately. Following are the key dates to apply for MDI admission 2021
MDI Gurgaon Admission Application 2021 Start date
September 16, 2020
Apply online only
Last date to apply for MDI Admission 2021
November 27, 2020
(Upto 5 PM)
Apply Now | Don’t Expect Extension
MDI Gurgaon Short List Announcement for final selection round 2021
After Declaration of CAT 2020 Result in Jan 2021 second week
MDI Gurgaon: Intake
Launched in 1994, PGPM is the flagship programme at MDI, Gurgaon. Programme wise intake at MDI Gurgaon is as follows-
- 2 year full time PGPM: 240 students
- 2 years full time PGP-HR: 60 students
- 2 years full time PGP-IB: 120 students
Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurugram, apart from the 2 years full time PGDM programmes, also offers following management programmes suitable for different category of candidates: MDI Gurgaon, NMP Admissions Open Apply Now
1 Year MBA Programmes:
- Executive Post Graduate Programmes (National Management Programme (NPM)
- PGP-Energy Management
27 Months Executive Week-end Programme
- PGPM Part-Time
- Fellow Programme in Management
- Executive Fellow programme in Management
MDI Gurgaon Fees
MDI Gurgaon fee for its programmes was reduced for 2020-22 batch as per AICTE guidelines. However, the fee for 2021-23 batch as announced by MDI Gurgaon is higher. The fee may be revised rom the below given fee structure for the PGDM programmes before programme commencement
PGPM : Rs.21,34,000/-
PGP-HRM : Rs.21,34,000/-
PGP-IB : Rs.25,00,000/-
MDI Gurgaon Placements 2020
MDI Gurgaon has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at MDI Gurgaon have been rising year after year. MDI Gurgaon concluded its placement 2020 recording again 100% placement offers from top recruiters. There were 239 students in PGPM, 60 students in PGP-HRM and 60 students in PGP-IM batch 2018-20.
126 PPOs were offered to MDI students from 126 participating marquee recruiters. The average salary across the three courses increased to Rs.22.05 LPA in 2020 from Rs 20.13 LPA last year. The highest domestic salary stood at INR 40.50 LPA. The placement season saw an overwhelming response from companies spanning across various functions such as Consulting, General Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Operations and HR. A plethora of startups also opened their niche profiles to leverage the talent pool at MDI Gurgaon.
Some of the top Recruiters in Placement 2020 at MDI Gurgaon included Nestlé, Tata Consumer Products Ltd, Asian Paints, Coca-Cola, ITC Ltd., L'Oréal, Marico, Eli Lilly, GSK Pharmaceuticals, Airtel, Godrej,Ninjacart, Amazon, Maersk, Uber, Tech Mahindra, Hinduja Group, JSW Group, Reliance Industries, Deloitte USI, McKinsey Digital, PwC, Aon Consulting, Hero MotoCorp among others
How to Apply for Admission at MDI Gurgaon?
MDI Gurgaon offers facility to use a single common online application form to apply for all three programmes. The form is made available at MDI website for its both campuses – MDI Gurgaon and MDI Murshidabad. The application fee is Rs.3000/- inclusive of GST.
In the months of January/February 2021, MDI Gurgaon will ask to fill up the programme preferences of PGPM/PGP-HRM/PGP-IB from the shortlisted candidates.The Preferences once filled will not be changed at any stage later on.Candidates seeking admission to various PGDM programmes 2021-23 at MDI Gurgaon should appear in CAT 2020.
MDI Gurgaon Admission Eligibility
There is a slight difference in the eligibility criteria for PGPM/PGP-HRM and for PGP-IB programmes at MDI Gurgaon
- To meet the MDI Gurgaon PGPM/PGP-HRM eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a minimum 3 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- To meet the PGP-IB eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a 4 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- For PGP-IB admission a minimum of 1 year (one-year) of work experience post-qualification (4-year's Bachelor's degree) as on 31st December 2020 is required
- For all the three programmes, the applicant must have also scored a minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in class 10 and 12.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by MDI Gurgaon by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by MDI Gurgaon and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination held on or before June 30, 2021. The deadline to submit the mark-sheet and the certificate is October 1, 2021.
- The candidate should appear in CAT 2020 exam and must score minimum cut off score in the entrance exam to become eligible for shortlisting
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2021: 5 StepProcess
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2021 is a five step process involving the CAT exam registration, applying to MDI, preliminary screening, shortlisting and the Final selection process and declaration of final merit list with admission offers based on varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
- Step 1: The candidate must apply for, appear in and score the minimum required cut off percentile in CAT 2020
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to MDI Gurgaon before the last date which is to close on November 27, 2020.
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for GD-PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2020 score, who have applied for admission to MDI Gurgaon and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: The Shortlisted candidates need to login at MDI website and enter their order of programme preference for PGPM/PGP-IB/PGP-HRM in the month of January/ February 2021. Preferences once filled will not be changed at any stage later on
- Step 5: After the GD-PI round in February/March 2021, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates in April 2021. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in GD-PI, academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
MDI Gurgaon Admission Cut Off
MDI Gurgaon does not declare the admission cutoff scores. However, going by the past trends MDI Gurgaon may have cut offs between 93 and 95 percentile in CAT 2020 for admission 2021. Alongwith the CAT Exam score cut offs, MDI Gurgaon considers Academic score cut offs; Final Selection Round GD-PI-WAT cut offs and the points awarded for work experience.
MDI Admission Process 2021
MDI Gurgaon admission criteria and the process for the management programmes 2021-23 are based on CAT 2020 scores for candidates. Following steps are included in the MDI Gurgaon Admission process:
10 Step MDI Gurgaon Application Process
MDI Gurgaon application process can be completed in ten simple steps.
Step 1: Login as New User
At the MDI Gurgaon admission application window ‘Register’, you need to login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number and also select the programme. On submission MDI activates your account and you can proceed further with application form completion on receiving the link from MDI.
Step 2: Personal Details
This page requires to fill in all your personal details, valid ID proof and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: PI Centre & Campus Preference
The next page on the MDI Admission site requires you to enter choice of preferred PI centres–from the drop down menu and the MDI campus you wish to apply for admission.
Step 4: Enter Address for Communication
Enter your permanent and communication address
Step 5: Enter Education Details
Next page on MDI application form requires to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards.
Step 6: Upload Photograph & Signature
This page is exclusively created to upload your photograph and signature. It is mandatory to upload the images of required size as given below
- Candidate Photo ( .jpeg/.jpg 2.5 X 3 cm & 10 kb to 500 KB ) *
- Candidate Signature ( .jpeg/.jpg 2.5 X 3 cm & 10 kb to 500 KB )
Step 7: Work Experience Details
If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. In case of no work experience simply insert ‘00’ and move ahead.
Step 8: Source of Information About MDI
You need to enter the source of information about MDI here
Step 9: Terms & Declarations
You are supposed to enter the details of your past conduct and about your clean record here. After completing this part you need to save the particulars that you have entered. So click on ‘Save’ button. It will save your application particulars.
Step 10: Make Payment of Application Fee
MDI Gurgaon asks you to make payment of application fee after you complete your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking. However, once you click on ‘Submit’ button, no further changes are allowed in your application form.
MDI Gurgaon Admission Criteria
MDI Gurgaon Admission Criteria 2021-23 is a two step process involving the preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria with varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
1. MDI Gurgaon Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of MDI Gurgaon Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate is shortlisted by MDI Gurgaon if he/she met the following shortlisting criteria:
- At the 1st stage of shortlisting in MDI Gurgaon Admission, Candidates who appears in CAT 2020 is short listed on the basis of the details filled in the application form and their CAT 2020 scores
- Only the short listed candidates are then called for Group Discussion, Written Test and Personal Interviews during February and March 2021 at one of the centers, viz. Bangalore, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai (centers other than Gurgaon are tentative).
2. Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to MDI Gurgaon
- Final Selection Round 2020 at MDI Gurgaon has components like Group Discussion, Written Test and Personal Interview
- MDI Gurgaon awards 55% weight to CAT exam score in overall selection process and rest to other components like Personal Interview(PI); Group Discussion (GD); Writing Ability Test (WAT); Academics; Work Experience among others.
- Final Admission offer is based on all the above parameters in final selection round at MDI Gurgaon.
However, for admission 2020, MDI tweaked its final selection process due to Covid-19 Pandemic. MDI had notified, “Due to COVID 19 Pandemic & Lockdown, only online Personal Interview (PI) are being conducted for Mumbai Candidates. To maintain uniformity / level playing field / fairness for calculation of total score while preparing final merit list, WAT and GD components will be ignored for all candidates in the admissions process of MDI Gurgaon.” The weightages to different components were awarded as under:
Final Selection 2020 Component
CAT 2019 Score
Application Score (Includes Class X & XII score, Academic Diversity, Gender Diversity, Work Experience)
Personal Interview (PI)
CAT 2020 is scheduled on November 29, 2020. It is the mandatory exam for seeking admission in MDI Gurgaon. MDI Gurgaon is one of the most preferred B-schools in India and if selected, candidates find it a better opportunity than many IIMs.
The ideal candidate seeking admission to MDI Gurgaon is the one who apart from having all the eligibility criteria points, has good communication & analytical skills and should possess the ability to take challenges
The programmes at MDI Gurgaon have been carefully designed to meet the needs of today’s business and develop professional managers who can achieve high levels of excellence at responsible positions in global environment management.
The teaching-learning method at MDI Gurgaon includes lectures, case studies, seminars, live projects, group discussions, role plays, business games, experiential learning activities, field visits. The curriculum is regularly revised with the help of industry professionals to reflect current business needs.
MDI Gurgaon is one of the top ranking business schools in India with a vision to be a ‘Global Business School’. The institute integrates knowledge, research, industry experience and international exposure to offer comprehensive programmes. It is the first Indian Business School and second in Asia to get international accreditation for its courses from ‘Association of MBAs’ (AMBA), UK. MDI is also South Asian Quality Systems (SAQS) accredited by AMDISA in 2005. Various surveys have consistently ranked MDI amongst the top B-Schools of the country. The PG Programmes in Management offered by MDI are recognized and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi. Its PGPM has been awarded A Grade by the National Board of Accredited All India Council for Technical Education.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MDI Gurgaon