Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon has opened its admission process 2020 on September 11, 2019. MDI Gurgaon admission application is online process and the application fee is Rs.3000 inclusive of GST. The last date to apply for MDI Gurgaon admission 2020 is November 22, 2019. MDI Gurgaon Admission Open - Apply Now
MDI Gurgaon is the highly ranked premier management institute in India. It offers AICTE approved two years full time PGPM/PGP-HRM and PGP-IM programmes apart from other one year PGDM programmes and doctoral programmes.
CAT 2019 exam scores will be accepted by MDI Gurgaon to shortlist candidates for second phase of admission round 2020. The B-school although considers good sectional scores, overall CAT 2019 percentile will be the principal shortlisting criterion for GD/PI round of MDI Gurgaon. IIMs, however have no role either in the selection process or in conducting the programme at Management Development Institute, Gurgaon.
2 Years Full Time Post Graduate Programmes
MDI Gurgaon offers three main 2 years full time PGDM programmes namely Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM); Post Graduate Programme – Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM) and Post Graduate Programme - International Management (PGP-IM).
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2020: Important Dates
The first step to participate in MDI 2020 Admission process is to apply for CAT 2019 and also apply to MDI Gurgaon separately. Following are the key dates to apply for MDI admission 2020:
MDI Gurgaon Admission Application 2020 Start date
September 11, 2019
Apply online only
Last date to apply for MDI Admission 2020
November 22, 2019
Don’t Expect Extension
MDI Gurgaon Short List Announcement for final selection round 2020
February 2020, 1st week
After Declaration of CAT 2019 Result in Jan 2020 second week
How to Apply for Admission at MDI Gurgaon?
MDI Gurgaon offers facility to use a single common online application form to apply for all three programmes. The form is made available at MDI website for its both campuses – MDI Gurgaon and MDI Murshidabad. The application fee is Rs.3000/- inclusive of GST.
In the months of January/February 2020, MDI Gurgaon will ask to fill up the programme preferences of PGPM/PGP-HRM/PGP-IM from the shortlisted candidates. The Preferences once filled will not be changed at any stage later on. Candidates seeking admission to various PGDM programmes 2020-22 at MDI Gurgaon should appear in CAT 2019.
MDI Gurgaon Admission Eligibility
There is a slight difference in the eligibility criteria for PGPM/PGP-HRM and for PGP-IM programmes at MDI Gurgaon
- To meet the MDI Gurgaon PGPM/PGP-HRM eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a minimum 3 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- To meet the PGP-IM eligibility criteria, the candidate must hold a 4 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- For all the three programmes, the applicant must have also scored a minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in class 10 and 12.
- If the candidate is awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where the bachelor's degree is obtained. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by MDI Gurgaon by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100 to confirm the eligibility of the candidate.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by MDI Gurgaon and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination held on or before June 30, 2020. The deadline to submit the mark-sheet and the certificate is October 1, 2020.
- The candidate should appear in CAT 2019 exam and must score minimum cut off score in the entrance exam to become eligible for shortlisting.. MDI Gurgaon Admission Open - Apply Now
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2020: 5 Step Process
MDI Gurgaon Admission 2020 is a five step process involving the CAT exam registration, applying to MDI, preliminary screening, shortlisting and the Final selection process and declaration of final merit list with admission offers based on varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
- Step 1: The candidate must apply for, appear in and score the minimum required cut off percentile in CAT 2019
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to MDI Gurgaon before the last date which is to close on November 22, 2019.
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for GD-PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2019 score, who have applied for admission to MDI Gurgaon and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: The Shortlisted candidates need to login at MDI website and enter their order of programme preference for PGPM/PGP-IM/PGP-HRM in the month of January/ February 2020. Preferences once filled will not be changed at any stage later on
- Step 5: After the GD-PI round in February/March 2020, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates in April 2020. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in GD-PI, academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
MDI Gurgaon Admission Cut Off
MDI Gurgaon does not declare the admission cut off scores. However, going by the past trends MDI Gurgaon may have cut offs between 93 and 95 percentile in CAT 2019 for admission 2020.
Alongwith the CAT Exam score cut offs, MDI Gurgaon considers Academic score cut offs; Final Selection Round GD-PI-WAT cut offs and the points awarded for work experience.
MDI Gurgaon: Intake
Launched in 1994, PGPM is the flagship programme at MDI, Gurgaon. Programme wise intake at MDI Gurgaon is as follows-
- 2 year full time PGPM: 240 students
- 2 years full time PGP-HR: 60 students
- 2 years full time PGP-IM: 60 students
Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurugram, apart from the 2 years full time PGDM programmes, also offers following management programmes suitable for different category of candidates:
1 Year MBA Programmes:
- Executive Post Graduate Programmes (National Management Programme (NPM)
- PGP-Energy Management
27 Months Executive Week-end Programme
- PGPM Part-Time
- Fellow Programme in Management
- Executive Fellow programme in Management
MDI Gurgaon Fees
MDI Gurgaon fee for its programmes rises every year. The fee for 2020-22 batch as announced by MDI Gurgaon is as under. However, the fee may rise from the below given fee structure for the Post Graduate programmes before programme commencement
PGPM : Rs.21,34,000/-
PGP-HRM : Rs.21,34,000/-
PGP-IM : Rs.25,00,000/-
MDI Gurgaon Placements
MDI Gurgaon has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at MDI Gurgaon have been rising year after year. MDI Gurgaon concluded its placement 2019 recording again 100% placement offers from top recruiters for all the 240 participating students with 236 students from the PGPM course, 60 students from the PGP-HRM course and 44 from the PGP-IM course and 2 students choosing to pursue opportunities of their own interest.
138 PPOs were offered to MDI students by 106 participating marquee recruiters. The average salary across the three courses stood at INR 20.13 LPA with the highest domestic salary being INR 40.79 LPA. The placement season saw an overwhelming response from companies spanning across various functions such as Consulting, General Management, Finance, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Operations and HR. A plethora of startups also opened their niche profiles to leverage the talent pool at MDI Gurgaon.
MDI Admission Process 2020
MDI Gurgaon admission criteria and the process for the management programmes 2020-22 are based on CAT 2019 scores for candidates. Following steps are included in the MDI Gurgaon Admission process:
10 Step MDI Gurgaon Application Process
MDI Gurgaon application process can be completed in ten simple steps.
Step 1: Registration as New User
At the MDI Gurgaon admission application window ‘Register’, you need to login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number and also select the programme. On submission MDI activates your account and you can proceed further with application form completion on receiving the link from MDI.
You need following documents before you proceed for MDI Registration:
- Keep a copy of Instruction sheet
- Must have a unique and valid e-mail ID and mobile number throughout the MDI admission process
- Keep a scanned Photograph (2.5 X 3 cm), Signature (In .jpeg/.jpg Format & size between 10 kb to 500 KB) documents
- Keep an ATM-cum-Debit Card / Credit Card / Net banking / UPI (Only Online Payment Mode is available)
- Please check your eligibility criteria and examination schedule before selecting program for various courses.
Step 2: Personal Details
This page requires to fill in all your personal details, valid ID proof and other particulars. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 3: PI Centre & Campus Preference
The next page on the MDI Admission site requires you to enter choice of preferred PI centres –from the drop down menu and the MDI campus you wish to apply for admission.
Step 4: Enter Address for Communication
Enter your permanent and communication address
Step 5: Enter Education Details
Next page on MDI application form requires to fill up all your academic details from class 10 onwards.
Step 6: Upload Photograph & Signature
This page is exclusively created to upload your photograph and signature. It is mandatory to upload the images of required size as given below
- Candidate Photo ( .jpeg/.jpg 2.5 X 3 cm & 10 kb to 500 KB ) *
- Candidate Signature ( .jpeg/.jpg 2.5 X 3 cm & 10 kb to 500 KB )
Step 7: Work Experience Details
If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. In case of no work experience simply insert ‘00’ and move ahead.
Step 8: Source of Information About MDI
You need to enter the source of information about MDI as MBAUniverse.com here.
Step 9: Terms & Declarations
You are supposed to enter the details of your past conduct and about your clean record here. After completing this part you need to save the particulars that you have entered. So click on ‘Save’ button. It will save your application particulars.
Step 10: Make Payment of Application Fee
MDI Gurgaon asks you to make payment of application fee after you complete your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking. However, once you click on ‘Submit’ button, no further changes are allowed in your application form.
MDI Gurgaon Admission Criteria
MDI Gurgaon Admission Criteria 2020-22 is a two step process involving the preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria with varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
- MDI Gurgaon Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of MDI Gurgaon Admission criteria is its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate is shortlisted by MDI Gurgaon if he/she met the following shortlisting criteria:
- At the 1st stage of shortlisting in MDI Gurgaon Admission, Candidates who appears in CAT 2019 is short listed on the basis of the details filled in the application form and their CAT 2019 scores
- Only the short listed candidates are then called for Group Discussion, Written Test and Personal Interviews during February and March 2020 at one of the centers, viz. Bangalore, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Mumbai (centers other than Gurgaon are tentative).
- Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to MDI Gurgaon
- Final Selection Round 2019 at MDI Gurgaon has components like Group Discussion, Written Test and Personal Interview
- MDI Gurgaon awards 55% weight to CAT exam score in overall selection process and rest to other components like Personal Interview(PI); Group Discussion (GD); Writing Ability Test (WAT); Academics; Work Experience among others.
- Final Admission offer is based on all the above parameters in final selection round at MDI Gurgaon.
CAT 2019 is scheduled on November 24, 2019. It is the mandatory exam for seeking admission in MDI Gurgaon. CAT 2019 scores have the weight-age of 55% in the overall selection process. MDI Gurgaon is one of the most preferred B-schools in India and if selected, candidates find it a better opportunity than many IIMs.
The ideal candidate seeking admission to MDI Gurgaon is the one who apart from having all the eligibility criteria points, has good communication & analytical skills and should possess the ability to take challenges
The programmes at MDI Gurgaon have been carefully designed to meet the needs of today’s business and develop professional managers who can achieve high levels of excellence at responsible positions in global environment management.
The teaching-learning method at MDI Gurgaon includes lectures, case studies, seminars, live projects, group discussions, role plays, business games, experiential learning activities, field visits. The curriculum is regularly revised with the help of industry professionals to reflect current business needs.
MDI Gurgaon is one of the top ranking business schools in India with a vision to be a ‘Global Business School’. The institute integrates knowledge, research, industry experience and international exposure to offer comprehensive programmes. It is the first Indian Business School and second in Asia to get international accreditation for its courses from ‘Association of MBAs’ (AMBA), UK. MDI is also South Asian Quality Systems (SAQS) accredited by AMDISA in 2005. Various surveys have consistently ranked MDI amongst the top B-Schools of the country. The PG Programmes in Management offered by MDI are recognized and accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi. Its PGPM has been awarded A Grade by the National Board of Accredited All India Council for Technical Education.
Stay tuned to MBAUniverse.com for more updates on MDI Gurgaon