Mentored by IIM Bangalore, IIM Visakhapatnam was set up by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India in 2015. IIM Visakhapatnam is an Institution of National Importance under the IIM Act 2017. The temporary campus of the institute is being run at “Andhra Bank School of Business Building” in Andhra University premises after necessary renovation. IIMV is likely to move to its permanent new sprawling 300 acre campus by 2021.
The overarching goal of IIM Visakhapatnam is to attain standards of global excellence in management, management research and allied areas of knowledge; serving in the process, the cause of inclusive, equitable and sustainable national development goals as enshrined under the Objects of the Act.
IIM Visakhapatnam is focusing on world-class intellectual, infrastructural and institutional resources, facilitating high-quality teaching-learning processes and research culture. With a vibrant and talented student cohort representing about 20 states of the country and a founding team of faculty with impeccable teaching and research credentials, the Institute has built a good image and identity for itself in the comity of IIMs, in a short time. Leveraging its multiple strengths, the Institute is all set to scale up its activity profile in scale, scope and specialization towards greater fulfilment of its objectives, in nature and extent.
- Playing a meaningful role, IIMV is building intellectual capacities, infrastructural facilities and institutional mechanisms
- Indian Institute of Management,Visakhapatnam has achieved 100 per placements for PGP 2016-18 batch.
- The Institute witnessed 42 companies participating in the Placement 2018 making multiple offers. 18% of the students received PPO/PPIs.
- International Immersion Programme in PGP is designed to provide students with insights into the economic, social and cultural spheres of emerging economies
- IIMV is an institution with a difference with heightened focus on integrated learning, innovative curriculum, imaginative pedagogy, internationalization and industry-interface aimed at expanding the horizons, enriching the competencies and enhancing the capacities of its students
- IIM Vishakhapatnam currently offers Post Graduate Programme in Management and the cutoff announced for the program is 90 percentile in CAT for general category
- With effect from 2018, IIM Visakhapatnam has started awarding MBA degree to the PGP students instead of diploma
- The 2 years Post Graduate Programme (PGP) at IIM Visakhapatnam has been accorded equivalence with Master’s degree of an Indian University by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for the purpose of admission to higher studies
- IIMV provides an opportunity to select electives in the first year of PGP instead of second year
IIM Visakhapatnam Admission 2019 is a three step process
- Pre shortlisting process based on CAT Cut offs at 90 Percentile
- Shortlisting process for PI-WAT with 40% weight for CAT 2018 score after receiving the confirmation of interest from the eligible applicants
- Final Selection comprising PI-WAT with 25% weightage to CAT 2018 score
- IIM Visakhapatnam uses multiple parameters and award high weightage to academic performance in Class 10 and 12, bachelor’s degree as well as the section wise scores in CAT exam to judge the suitability of candidates for the PGP programme
- Final admission offers would be made on the basis of a merit list. This Merit List would be prepared on the basis of performance in CAT exam, Profile of the candidate, PI and WAT round as per corresponding weights assigned to them
The program fee for the PGP 2019-21 batch is INR 10.5 lakhs for two-years.
IIM Visakhapatnam has achieved 100% Placement for the second batch of students enrolled in its flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management (2016-18). 42 recruiters, including many first-time recruiters participated in 2018 Placement. Key highlights are:
Average Salary: Rs.12,07,000
Highest Salary: Rs.17,00,000