NMAT Syllabus 2021: Check & Download Section Wise NMAT Syllabus
NMAT 2021 is a national level computer based MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission 2022 in top MBA colleges like NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai (PGMPW), ISB (Certificate programme), VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar and many other MBA colleges in India. Conducted by GMAC, the NMAT 2021 dates for NMAT registration are from July to October and NMAT exam is scheduled from October to December 2021.
NMAT 2021 exam syllabus for the NMAT exam has been revised and updated due to the changes in NMAT 2021 exam structure. To prepare well for NMAT this year, it is very important to follow the revised NMAT syllabus 2021. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) after updating the NMAT 2021 syllabus will release the preparation guides with previous test papers also.
How the Questions are Generated for test takers from NMAT Syllabus?
- The NMAT by GMAC exam gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time
- The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined. Under normal conditions these are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered
- Candidates have a choice of selecting the order/sequence of the test sections beginning with any of the three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The sections are individually timed and the order once chosen cannot be changed
Revamped NMAT Syllabus 2021
NMAT Syllabus 2021 with three major sections on English Language, Quant and Logical Reasoning is revamped with sectional changes and different type of questions appearing in each section of NMAT exam. GMAC releases every year the changes in NMAT syllabus with test taking strategy and expected type of questions in the exam as per the NMAT exam syllabus.
Accordingly, the topics for NMAT Exam syllabus go on changing and there are many topics in NMAT syllabus 2021 on which questions, which did not appear earlier, may appear again this year. With effect from 2015 the NMAT exam syllabus has seen consistent changes with major overhaul in the exam pattern. Recently, GMAC has also released the NMAT preparation guide in accordance with the changed NMAT 2021 exam syllabus.
NMAT Exam Syllabus 2021: Composition
NMAT Syllabus is divided into three major sections as given below. The number of questions in each section of NMAT are different. The questions are of MCQ type and are to be attempted within the allotted time limit. However, you are allowed to choose the order of sections before beginning to solve the NMAT question paper. But once you decide the order of sections, you can not change it.
Number of questions
Allotted Sectional time in minutes
The overall structure of the NMAT 2021 syllabus covers following major topics in each of the three sections:
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Language Skills
- Total Questions: 36
- Time Limit to Attempt the Section: 28 Minutes
The Language Skills section in NMAT 2021 Syllabus of NMAT by GMAC exam covers the topics to test Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability and English Language Skills. The Language Skills section as per the NMAT syllabus will test you on the following major topics spread in three broad segments:
The question types that you can expect in the NMAT by GMAC exam within each of these areas are:
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Vocabulary
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Grammar
- Identify the Error
- Choose the Correct Preposition
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
How to Cover the NMAT 2021 Syllabus on Language Skills – Key Tips
- Syllabus for NMAT exam on Language Skills is well defined. There will be 32 questions in the Language Skills section on the NMAT by GMAC exam. You need to attempt this section in 22 minutes.
- Language Skills syllabus for NMAT exam will have questions on all three areas of English—vocabulary, grammar and comprehension.
- Manage your time carefully. You have an average of 40 seconds per question, but you will need some more time while attempting Reading Comprehension questions. Your target should be 30 seconds each for the rest of the questions, which will give you around 10-11 minutes to attempt the 7-8 Reading Comprehension questions that will appear on the test.
- Ensure that you practice variety of questions in sufficient number to get your timing correct. It is particularly important for grammar questions as you will need to remember the important grammar rules.
- Identify and strengthen your weak areas by maintaining an error sheet.
- Improve your Reading comprehension as well as vocabulary. To cover this, start reading well-written books, or a good newspaper, every day. Ensure special attention to the Editorial section of newspapers as it has the most enriching vocabulary.
- Improve your vocabulary and write down any new word you come across while reading the newspaper and go through it every day. Learn the word usage.
- Do not assume the things and avoid using the real-world knowledge on RC based questions.
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Logical Reasoning
- Total Questions: 36
- Time Limit to Attempt the Section: 40 Minutes
Questions covered in the NMAT Exam 2021 Syllabus for this section are based on Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Critical Reasoning, series completion in NMAT by GMAC. NMAT Exam 2021 Syllabus on Logical Reasoning section is designed to measure your ability to comprehend and synthesize the information given in the question, without looking for or checking the truth or accuracy of that information.
The questions based on NMAT Exam 2021 Syllabus topics in this section will be asked to draw inferences from the statements, choose between strong and weak arguments, identify assumptions implicit within innocuous-looking statements and even arrive at decisions in light of the given information.
You are also required to use your logical thinking skills on questions that require you to decode both numerical and visual patterns and series; make sense of relationships and understand directions. While preparing as per the NMAT Exam 2021 Syllabus, to crack Logical Reasoning questions, you should focus only on the information given to you and should not use any of your own knowledge, experiences or presumptions to impact your judgment.
The Logical Reasoning section on the NMAT by GMAC Exam tests you on the two broad areas of reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
Syllabus for NMAT 2021: Verbal Reasoning
Verbal Reasoning includes the following topics:
- Statement and Argument Questions
- Statement and Assumption Questions
- Statement and Inference Questions
- Decision making and Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
Syllabus for NMAT 2021: Analytical Reasoning
Analytical Reasoning syllabus for NMAT by GMAC includes following major topics:
- Linear and Circular Arrangements
- Blood Relation Questions
- Coding Questions
- Series Questions
- Direction Questions
- Alphabet Test Questions
- Input Output questions
- Matrix Type Questions
- Symbol Based Questions
- Other Reasoning Questions
How to Cover NMAT 2021 Exam Syllabus for Logical Reasoning: Key Tips
- The NMAT exam syllabus 2021 for this section can be covered with regular practice. There will be 36 questions in the Logical Reasoning section on the NMAT by GMAC exam. You need to attempt them in 40 minutes, so you have about 1 minute to solve each question.
- You need to cover the NMAT 2021 Exam Syllabus on two areas of Reasoning—Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
- To complete the NMAT 2021 Exam syllabus, you must read every part of the question carefully and make sure that you have looked at each answer choice before selecting your final answer.
- While attempting the exercises, do not assume or use any information that is not provided in the question. Please note that LR section is not trying to assess your general knowledge, so use only the information given in each statement to arrive at right answer.
- You should pay special attention to words like 'all', 'some' or 'none' when you read the factual information provided in each question. Besides, other words like 'other than', 'only' or 'unless' are also important. These words can play important role in specifying the facts.
- Try to represent the given information pictorially, especially in arrangement questions, or as a Venn diagram in syllogism questions.
- Please note that Logical Reasoning skills cannot be developed overnight, so make sure you spend sufficient time to cover different topics as outlined in the NMAT exam syllabus and practice variety of questions while attempting Logical Reasoning questions and analysing your mistakes.
NMAT Syllabus 2021 for Quantitative Skills
- Total Questions: 36
- Time Limit to Attempt the Section: 52 minutes
NMAT 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Quantitative Skills covers all the topics on Mathematics. However, the quant questions as per the NMAT 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern will not be very difficult in the forthcoming exam.
One of the important points to note in the NMAT 2021 Syllabus and Exam Pattern on Quantitative skills section is that the section contains questions not only on Quant but also on Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency. Major part in the NMAT by GMAC Syllabus 2021 on Quant section remains moderate. Still a few difficult questions are placed randomly on some of the topics covered in NMAT by GMAC syllabus.
The questions can be asked in a different manner and can be more time consuming if not very difficult. Number system, PnC, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry are the prominent topics covered in the NMAT by GMAC syllabus in this section.
The Quantitative Skills section in NMAT by GMAC Syllabus 2021 covers the following topics:
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Syllabus: Arithmetic
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Other Questions on Arithmetic
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Syllabus: Algebra
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equation
- Absolute Value
- Other questions on Algebra
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Syllabus: Geometry & Mensuration
- Circles-radius, circumference, diameter, chord, Arc, Tangent etc.
- Square & Rectangles
- 3 Dimensional Figures
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Base Angle Theorem
- Longest Side Theorem
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Syllabus: Modern Math
- Permutation & Combination
- Coordinate Geometry
- Progression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, Relationship
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagrams
NMAT by GMAC 2021 Syllabus: Data Interpretation
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Graphs
Review of Questions/Sections
No review of questions or sections in the NMAT by GMAC exam is allowed. So once you decide the order of sections and complete your sectional attempts within the specified time limit, you cannot go back to earlier sections.