NMAT 2020 is a national level computer based MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission 2021 in top MBA colleges like NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai (PGMPW), ISB (Certificate programme), VIT Vellore, XIM Bhubaneswar and many other MBA colleges in India. Conducted by GMAC, the NMAT 2020 dates for NMAT registration and NMAT exam are scheduled from July to December 2020.
NMAT 2020 exam syllabus for the NMAT exam has been updated now. To prepare well for NMAT this year, it is very important to follow the NMAT syllabus 2020. The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) after updating the NMAT 2020 syllabus, has released the preparation guides with previous test papers also.
Revamped NMAT Syllabus
NMAT Syllabus 2020 with three major sections on English Language, Quant and Logical Reasoning is revamped with different type of questions appearing in each NMAT exam. GMAC releases every year the changes in NMAT syllabus with test taking strategy and expected type of questions in the exam as per the NMAT exam syllabus.
Accordingly, the topics for NMAT Exam syllabus go on changing and there are many topics in NMAT syllabus 2020 on which questions, which did not appear earlier, may appear again this year. With effect from 2015 the NMAT exam syllabus has seen consistent changes. Recently, GMAC has also released the NMAT preparation guide in accordance with the changed NMAT 2020 exam syllabus.
NMAT Exam Syllabus 2020: Composition
NMAT Syllabus is divided into three major sections as given below. The number of questions in each section of NMAT are different. The questions are of MCQ type and are to be attempted within the allotted time limit.
Number of questions
Allotted time in minutes
The overall structure of the NMAT 2020 syllabus covers following major topics in each of the three sections:
NMAT Syllabus for Language Skills
The Language Skills section in NMAT 2020 Syllabus of NMAT by GMAC exam covers the topics to test Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability and English Language Skills. The Language Skills section as per the NMAT syllabus will test you on the following major topics spread in three broad segments:
The question types that you can expect in the NMAT by GMAC exam within each of these areas are:
NMAT Syllabus for Vocabulary
- Fill in the Blanks
- Cloze Test
NMAT Syllabus for Grammar
- Identify the Error
- Choose the Correct Preposition
NMAT Syllabus for Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
How to Cover the NMAT Syllabus 2020 on Language Skills – Key Tips
- Syllabus for NMAT exam on Language Skills is well defined. There will be 32 questions in the Language Skills section on the NMAT by GMAC exam. You need to attempt this section in 22 minutes.
- Language Skills syllabus for NMAT exam will have questions on all three areas of English—vocabulary, grammar and comprehension.
- Manage your time carefully. You have an average of 40 seconds per question, but you will need some more time while attempting Reading Comprehension questions. Your target should be 30 seconds each for the rest of the questions, which will give you around 10-11 minutes to attempt the 7-8 Reading Comprehension questions that will appear on the test.
- Ensure that you practice variety of questions in sufficient number to get your timing correct. It is particularly important for grammar questions as you will need to remember the important grammar rules.
- Identify and strengthen your weak areas by maintaining an error sheet.
- Improve your Reading comprehension as well as vocabulary. To cover this, start reading well-written books, or a good newspaper, every day. Ensure special attention to the Editorial section of newspapers as it has the most enriching vocabulary.
- Improve your vocabulary and write down any new word you come across while reading the newspaper and go through it every day. Learn the word usage.
- Do not assume the things and avoid using the real-world knowledge on RC based questions.
NMAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
Questions covered in the NMAT Exam 2020 Syllabus for this section are based on Analytical reasoning, logical reasoning, critical reasoning, series completion in NMAT by GMAC. NMAT Exam 2020 Syllabus on Logical Reasoning section is designed to measure your ability to comprehend and synthesise the information given in the question, without looking for or checking the truth or accuracy of that information.
The questions based on NMAT Exam 2020 Syllabus topics in this section will be asked to draw inferences from the statements, choose between strong and weak arguments, identify assumptions implicit within innocuous-looking statements and even arrive at decisions in light of the given information.
You are also required to use your logical thinking skills on questions that require you to decode both numerical and visual patterns and series; make sense of relationships and understand directions. While preparing as per the NMAT Exam 2019 Syllabus, to crack Logical Reasoning questions, you should focus only on the information given to you and should not use any of your own knowledge, experiences or presumptions to impact your judgment.
The Logical Reasoning section on the NMAT by GMAC Exam tests you on the two broad areas of reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning
Syllabus for NMAT: Verbal Reasoning
Verbal Reasoning includes the following topics:
- Statement and Argument Questions
- Statement and Assumption Questions
- Statement and Inference Questions
- Decision making and Course of Action
- Critical Reasoning
Syllabus for NMAT: Analytical Reasoning
Analytical Reasoning syllabus for NMAT by GMAC includes following major topics:
- Linear and Circular Arrangements
- Blood Relation Questions
- Coding Questions
- Series Questions
- Direction Questions
- Alphabet Test Questions
- Input Output questions
- Matrix Type Questions
- Symbol Based Questions
- Other Reasoning Questions
How to Cover NMAT 2020 Exam Syllabus for Logical Reasoning: Key Tips
- The NMAT exam syllabus 2020 for this section can be covered with regular practice. There will be 40 questions in the Logical Reasoning section on the NMAT by GMAC exam. You need to attempt them in 38 minutes, so you have about 1 minute to solve each question.
- You need to cover the NMAT 2020 Exam Syllabus on two areas of Reasoning—Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Reasoning.
- To complete the NMAT 2020 Exam syllabus, you must read every part of the question carefully and make sure that you have looked at each answer choice before selecting your final answer.
- While attempting the exercises, do not assume or use any information that is not provided in the question. Please note that LR section is not trying to assess your general knowledge, so use only the information given in each statement to arrive at right answer.
- You should pay special attention to words like 'all', 'some' or 'none' when you read the factual information provided in each question. Besides, other words like 'other than', 'only' or 'unless' are also important. These words can play important role in specifying the facts.
- Try to represent the given information pictorially, especially in arrangement questions, or as a Venn diagram in syllogism questions.
- Please note that Logical Reasoning skills cannot be developed overnight, so make sure you spend sufficient time to cover different topics as outlined in the NMAT exam syllabus 2019 and practice variety of questions while attempting Logical Reasoning questions and analysing your mistakes.
NMAT Syllabus for Quantitative Skills
NMAT 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Quantitative Skills covers all the topics on Mathematics. However, the quant questions as per the NMAT 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern will not be very difficult in the forthcoming exam.
One of the important points to note in the NMAT 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern on Quantitative skills section is that the section contains questions not only on Quant but also on Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency. Major part in the NMAT by GMAC Syllabus 2020 on Quant section remains moderate. Still a few difficult questions are placed randomly on some of the topics covered in NMAT by GMAC syllabus.
The questions can be asked in a different manner and can be more time consuming if not very difficult. Number system, PnC, Algebra, Mensuration, Geometry are the prominent topics covered in the NMAT by GMAC syllabus in this section. The NMAT by GMAC syllabus 2020, like last year will ask 48 questions in quantitative skills section. The questions are to be solved in 60 minutes.
|MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now!|
|XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22|
|EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020|
|Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar|
|Nalanda University MBA in Bihar Admission 2020||JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020|
The Quantitative Skills section in NMAT by GMAC Syllabus 2020 covers the following topics:
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Syllabus: Arithmetic
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Other Questions on Arithmetic
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Syllabus: Algebra
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equation
- Absolute Value
- Other questions on Algebra
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Syllabus: Geometry & Mensuration
- Circles-radius, circumference, diameter, chord, Arc, Tangent etc.
- Square & Rectangles
- 3 Dimensional Figures
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Base Angle Theorem
- Longest Side Theorem
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Syllabus: Modern Math
- Permutation & Combination
- Coordinate Geometry
- Progression-Arithmetic, Geometric, Harmonic, Relationship
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagrams
NMAT by GMAC 2020 Syllabus: Data Interpretation
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Graphs