IIMA is an autonomous institution managed by the IIMA Society, created under the Societies Act and is run by a Board of Governors which is constituted by the IIMA Society. Prof Errol D'Souza is the Director of IIM Ahmedabad. His tenure runs for 5 years from February 1, 2018. For the admission 2022-24 batch, IIM Ahmedabad has substantially reduced the required minimum CAT 2021 sectional cut off percentile to 70 and overall percentile cut off to 80 and has reduced the CAT score weightage to 65% in shortlisting for final admission round. IIM Ahmedabad alumni include top national and international icons, CEOs, best sellers, bureaucrats, deans and directors of top academic institutions.
- IIM Ahmedabad is one of the top ranked management institutes of India. The Government of India MHRD NIRF Ranking 2020 has placed IIM Ahmedabad at #1 position.
- In 2008, IIMA became the first business school in the country to be awarded EQUIS accreditation.
- Case Studies of IIM Ahmedabad are quoted and discussed in the class rooms of top MBA college across the world
- IIM Ahmedabad has unique admission process that allows admission to students from diverse academic back ground at a lower CAT percentile. Many non-engineers and students from Arts, Commerce and other diverse academic back ground have found admission in IIM Ahmedabad even after scoring 80-90 percentile in CAT exam.
- The total programme fees payable by PGP students at IIM Ahmedabad is Rs 23,00,000/- (inclusive of tuition fees of Rs.16,99,000/-).
- Laptop computer, personal expenses on boarding, travel, clothes and laundry are extra.
- The total programme fees for the 2022-2024 batch may increase further by 5 to 7% after making adjustment for inflations.
IIM Ahmedabad follows the concept of ‘Dream Campus Application’ Placement process which allows the students to choose the sectors and functions of their choice. In 2021, 131 firms participated in the placement process including the laterals process making placement offers.
Placement Data 2020 (Placement 2021 Data will be released after IPRS Audit)
- Average Salary (Domestic): Rs.26.13 Lakhs
- Highest Salary (Domestic): Rs.55.88 Lakhs
- Average Salary (International): Rs.63.15 Lakhs
- Highest Salary (International): Rs.145.48 Lakhs