XAT Registration 2024: Process is Open; Exam on Jan 7, 2024; Check Step by Step Process, Fee, Guidelines
XAT Exam 2024 registration process is open from July 15, 2023. XAT 2024 exam date is January 7, 2024 and the exam will be of 3 hours 10 minutes duration in the afternoon. This year XLRI opened the XAT exam application process a month before than in previous years. XAT 2024 registration last date is November 30, 2023.
Conducted by XLRI for the past 72 years, Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is the mandatory MBA entrance exam for admission to XLRI Jamshedpur and 150+ other B-schools including XIMB, IMT, IMI, TAPMI, MICA, Great Lakes, GIM, LBSIM among others. XAT 2024 exam will be conducted in a single session as a computer based test in more than 90 cities in India.
- XAT 2024 Exam Date: January 7, 2024 from 2 PM to 5.10 PM
- XAT 2024 Registration Dates: July 15 to Nov 30, 2023
- XAT 2024 Registration Process: Online Only at xatonline.in
- XAT 2024 Registration Fees: Rs.2100 (Does Not Include XLRI Application Fees)
- XAT & XLRI Application Form: Common Application for XAT & XLRI Admission
- XAT 2024 Accepting Colleges: XLRI, XIMB, IMT, MICA and 150 other MBA colleges
XLRI Jamshedpur is conducting XAT 2024 as an online computer based test of three hours ten minutes duration. XAT 2024 Registration and application form is common to register for XAT as well as to apply for XLRI admission 2024. XLRI has advised the XAT applicants to register in time at official XAT 2024 website instead of waiting for XAT registration last date. As the XAT exam application process is online, the last minute technical glitches on the XAT 2024 registration last date cannot be ruled out. Read below all about Exam Registration Guidelines, Step by Step process and more
Table of Contents
- XAT 2024 Registration dates
- XAT Exam 2024 Registration Process At a Glance
- XAT Registration Fees 2024
- Exam Registration Guidelines
- Step by Step Registration Process
- Xaviet Aptitude Test Registration 2024: How to Scan & Upload Photograph & Signature?
- Registration Terminology: Know before you proceed
- XAT Online Registration 2024: Required Documents
1. XAT 2024 Registration Dates
Important Dates for various XAT exam related activities are given below. Although there is a gap of about four months between exam registration commencement and registration 2024 last date, it is suggested that you should complete the registration and application form online in the very first month of the opening of the Registration process to get your preferred XAT Exam 2024 centre:
Registration 2024 Activity
Registration 2024 Time Line
Registration 2024 starts
July 15, 2023
Online XAT Registration Last Date without late fee
November 30, 2023 (Till Midnight)
XAT 2024 exam registration last date with late fee
XAT Exam Date 2024
January 7, 2024
2. XAT Exam 2024 Registration Process at a Glance
Candidates need to follow the undernoted process while applying for XAT 2024 online. Please note there is no offline process for registration 2024.
- Register yourself on official XAT 2024 website ‘xatonline.in’
- Verify Email ID on receipt of message
- Fill all the pages of XAT Application online
- Upload Required Documents
- Pay Application Fee Online
- Submit Application Form
2.1 XAT Registration Offers Facility to Apply for XLRI Admission 2024
The registration form for XAT 2024 also offers the facility to apply for XLRI PGDM admission 2024 through the application form with an additional payment of Rs.200/- for each PGDM programme of XLRI.
3. XAT Registration & XLRI Application Fees 2024
The XAT fee is slightly increased by XLRI. The fees is increased to Rs.2100/-. The fee includes the XAT Application form fees and the XAT 2024 Exam Fee.
However, the XLRI PGDM programme application fee is not included in exam registration fee and the candidates have to apply for admission to XLRI programme by paying additional fee of Rs.200 per XLRI program while completing the exam registration form. The XAT 2024 Registration Fees and XLRI application fees is given as below:
Registration Fee Component
Registration & Application Fee Amount
Registration Fees (Without Late Fee)
Registration Fee (With Late Fee)
Additional XLRI admission Application Form Fee (Without late fee)
Rs. 200/- For Each XLRI PGDM Programme
Additional XLRI Admission Application Form Fee (With late fee)
3.1 Registration Fee Payment: Important Guidelines & Instructions
- The XAT form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the payment instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE PAYMENT
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated. Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional XAT ID and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Card charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. There is facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
- There is facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
3.2 Important Notes on XAT Registration and XAT Application Fee
- Above mentioned is the Fee to apply for each XLRI PGDM programmes.
- XLRI has asked the candidates to wait for 1-2 days in case the payment is deducted from respective credit/debit card or the account, but is not reflected against your XAT registration in payment status page.
4. Registration Guidelines
To register and apply for XAT 2024, following key points should be kept in mind:
- Update and validate your Computer/Laptop & Email A/c: To register for XAT 2024, your computer system should be equipped with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome/Internet explorer latest version. Also keep your e-mail account validated throughout the XAT 2024 application process and till the XLRI Admission process is not complete.
- Gather Important Documents: Before beginning to complete the exam registration and completing the XAT exam application form, the important aspect with XAT 2024 application form is to collect all your personal details, academic qualifications, scanned photo and signature image of required size which are required to complete the application form.
- Carefully Read instructions: Before moving on with the Application Process, you should read and follow the instructions how to complete the Application Form to avoid any waste of time and your Application form fee.
- Pay XLRI Application Fee through XAT Website: The Exam Registration process offers the opportunity to apply for admission to various XLRI Jamshedpur PGDM programmes. The registration Form has separate columns to apply for each PGDM programme of XLRI. You can avail this facility, if you wish to apply for admission to XLRI. At a nominal additional application fee of Rs.200, you can submit your XLRI application online for admission alongwith XAT registration form.
- Quickly complete the Registration Form: Once you begin the registration and application process by entering your personal details, it will take hardly 15 minutes to complete the registration and application form. You will receive a confirmation mail on successful submission of XAT registration form after you make payment of the XAT exam fee.
- Submit Application form early: It will be better to complete the Registration process early to avoid non-availability of preferred test centre. No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidates have made the payment of their Registration and Application form fees.
5. Step by Step XAT 2024 Registration Process
The registration & application process is online now. It is important to know how to fill the form and make payment of registration fee to become eligible for XAT 2024 exam. While the Registration and application form completion involves 6 broad steps, the XAT application process is divided into 10 pages with eight steps. The registration and application form is one document and there is no separate application form. For Registration, the candidates have to complete the application process in following steps:
- Step-1: Register on official XAT website to get XAT 2024 ID and Password
- Step-2: Fill in Complete Personal Details in Registration and Application Form
- Step-3: Fill in Academics from class 10 onwards, on the next page of XAT form
- Step-4: Fill in Details of Work Experience, XLRI Programmes, choice of XAT Test Cities
- Step-5: Upload Documents
- Step-6: Make Declaration
- Step-7: Make Payment online for XAT Application Fees and XLRI Programme Application Fee
For your convenience to know the process on how to fill XAT 2024 Registration form, the complete registration step wise form filling procedure is shared below.
Step-1: Register for XAT 2024 to Get User ID & PW & Verify on Your Mail
You need to register yourself on xatonline.in with some basic details like your name, email id, phone number. The next action points which you need to do are:
- You will get a message from XLRI XAT on your mail id
- Open your mail box and verify the link
- Immediately after the verification you will get XAT Id and password
Now, you have two options to fill your XAT application: Either login to XAT application page directly from the verification link on your mail; or login later with your XAT 2024 ID and password to fill your XAT application form
Step-2: Complete Personal Details & Address in XAT Registration Form 2024
This information is divided into three parts – your personal details, your parents’ details and your address. The first part of XAT 2024 Registration and application form requires you to fill all your personal details like complete name, date of birth, gender, email id, alternate email id, mobile number, alternate mobile number, age, nationality, blood group, parent details, address among others. So, keep all these things ready before filling in your personal details
Step-3: Fill in Academics from class 10 Onwards in XAT Registration Form
On this XAT registration page you are required to fill up academic details of you from class 10 onwards including professional qualifications
Step-4: Fill in Work Experience and Program Details
On this page you need to fill in following three items of information carefully:
- Your Work Experience beginning with latest work experience
- If you want to apply for XLRI Programme, fill in the choice of programmes, you wish to apply for.
- You can choose one or more programmes offered by XLRI. The additional application fee is Rs.200/- for each XLRI programme
- You can choose 2 preferred test cities to appear in XAT 2024 out of the 72 test cities. Please note that all the cities in Delhi NCR are clubbed into one choice as Delhi NCR
Step-5: Upload Documents
You need to upload your photo, signature, identity proof. The photo that you upload should be the latest one as it would be matched at the time of entrance exam
Step-6: Make Declaration
On this page you need to confirm that whatever you have stated in the application form is true and correct. So, it is better to preview the application form before clicking on it, making payment and submitting it
Step-7: Make Payment of XAT online Registration 2024
Step 7.1 Check Payment Details
Before making XAT 2024 Registration fee payment, please check correct payment details. The XAT application fee payment is Rs.2100 if you have not applied for XLRI programme. The amount of fee will be more @ Rs.200 per XLRI programme, if you apply for XLRI admission also.
Please note that after clicking on ‘Submit’ button you will not be able to edit your application form details. So, preview your application and ensure all the details are correct.
Step 7.2 Pay Online through Acceptable Modes
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards, Credit Cards
- Once you ‘Submit’ after making payment of your Form online, you will get confirmation for successful submission of XAT Registration and Application form
- Take Print of your Application Form Summary for future reference
6. Registration 2024: How to Scan & Upload Photograph & Signature?
Below are shared the details of process and specifications of photographs and signature you need to upload on the Registration and Application Form
6.1 Specifications for Photograph & Signature Images
Before applying online for XAT 2024 a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his / her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
- IN CASE THE FACE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH OR SIGNATURE IS UNCLEAR, THE APPLICATION MAY BE REJECTED.
- CANDIDATE MAY EDIT THE APPLICATION AND RE-UPLOAD THE PHOTOGRAPH/SIGNATURE IN SUCH CASE.
6.2 Photograph Image
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20KB-50KB.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
6.3 Signature Image
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 10KB —20KB.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
6.4 How to Scan the Photograph & Signature for XAT?
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option
6.5 How to Upload Photograph & Signature in XAT Form 2024?
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature. The Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature is as under:
- Check the size and format of photo & signature before upload
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature"
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the 'Upload' button
7. Registration Terminology: Know before you proceed
There are terms like New user registration, registered candidate login among others. Before you proceed with the registration process, know well what this terminology means in the registration form:
7.1 Registering for First Time or Already Registered? Check before you Click
Candidates registering for XAT 2024 should first click on New Candidate’s Registration and after receiving XAT ID & Password should click on Registered Candidate Login on XAT website.
7.2 What is ‘New User Registration’?
If you are applying for XAT 2024 and have not yet registered, you should click on ‘New Candidate’s Registration’ on the home page of XAT Exam website. This will lead you to the registration page in which you have to fill up a few basic details. After submission of this page, you will receive your XAT user ID and password which you should use in the subsequent part of XAT 2024 Registration process.
7.3 What is ‘Registered Candidate Login’?
After receiving your XAT exam 2024 ID and password, you should login again to the XAT website on home page as Registered Candidate Login with your XAT user ID and XAT password. It will enable you fill up all the remaining pages of Registration Form, uploading your photograph and signature and making payment of XAT registration fee and final submission of registration form.
8. XAT Online Registration 2024: Required Documents
Register online on the XLRI-XAT 2024 website. Key required documents are:
- Your latest scanned colour passport size photo at the time of Online Registration 2024.
- Candidate must provide Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address as these details cannot be changed once the registration 2024 is complete. All above information is required for the Exam Registration.
- Exam Registration process and application fee payment process for the MBA programmes in XLRI is simplified further. Now the candidates can pay the XAT 2024 Exam Fee and Application Fee for XLRI PGDM 2024-26 Programme through online XAT Test website along with the Registration. You need Online Fee Payment Instruments before beginning of registration
- No changes shall be permitted after closing date in the XAT Application form details
- Ensure that the information you have filled is accurate in the Registration and application form.
Please note that XAT Exam 2024 registration and XAT application form 2024 is a single document and is spread over eight key steps divided into ten pages. You can select 2 most preferred XAT exam cities where you wish to appear in XAT 2024. There is no time bound process to complete the exam registration and application form 2024. They can be completed in one go or in different stages. The XAT Exam registration 2024 and XAT exam application form 2024 can be submitted only after making payment of Registration fee. The XAT exam format has changed to computer based test from the earlier paper based test
|India’s Top MBA Entrance Exams: Check Dates, Pattern, Mocks, Registration Process…|
City-wise List & Cut Off of MBA Colleges accepting XAT Score