XAT Registration 2021: Key Dates, Step by Step Process, Fee, Guidelines
XAT 2021 Registration has closed on December 10, 2020 at midnight. No increase in Xavier Aptitude Test-2021 registration and application fee was made and was kept at last year level of Rs.1750/-. You could register and apply for XAT 2021 online on XAT 2021 official website xatonline.in. XLRI had introduced a common registration & application form for XAT Exam 2021 and to apply for XLRI PGDM programmes at an additional fee of Rs.300/- per programme. XAT Registration and application process had started on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
XLRI Jamshedpur which is conducting XAT 2021 as an online computer based test of three hours duration on January 3, 2021, had advised the XAT applicants to register in time at official XAT 2021 website and keep the following 3 key points in mind before applying for XAT 2021:
- You should carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application form as no change was possible/entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- Your name or your Father’s name/ Mother’s name should be spelt correctly in the XAT Registration and application form in the same way as it appeared in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration it might disqualify you.
- In case you were unable to complete the application form in one go, you could save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application you should use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online XAT application form and modify the same if required.
Candidates needed to follow the undernoted process while applying for XAT 2021:
- Register yourself on official XAT 2021 website ‘xatonline.in’
- Verify Email ID on receipt of message
- Fill all the pages of XAT Application Form online
- Upload Required Documents
- Pay Application Fee Online
- Submit Application Form
Read below in detail the step by step XAT 2021 Registration Process
As per XAT 2021 Notification which was released on September 7, 2020, the XAT 2020 Exam date is Sunday January 3, 2021. The exam will be conducted online by XLRI in a single session of 3 hours duration from 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM. XLRI conducts XAT in the month of January every year. Read this article below to know all about the XAT 2021 registration dates, fee, step by step XAT 2021 registration process and more
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur, is an important MBA entrance test leading to MBA admission in XLRI, IMT, XIMB, TAPMI, XIME and other 160 MBA colleges in India. The exam is conducted every year by XLRI Jamshedpur for the last more than 70 years on behalf of XAMI. The complete schedule and all XAT 2021 dates are officially released by XLRI now.
The XAT online registration 2021 is open for more than 80 days. You can complete XAT 2021 online Registration as well as XAT Application Form Online only on the XAT Registration website ‘onlinexat’. The XAT Registration fees include the XAT application form fees 2021 and XAT exam registration fee.
XAT 2021 registration does not have any late fee. Without late fee XAT 2021 registration last date is now December 10, 2020. Registration process is online and there is no offline process for XAT registration 2021. XAT Registration 2021 fee is increased to Rs.1750/- from Rs.1700/- last year.
XAT Registration 2021: Important Details about Exam, Fee & Process
- XAT Exam 2021 registration and XAT application form 2021 is a single document and is spread over eight key steps divided into ten pages
- You can select 2 most preferred XAT exam cities where you wish to appear in XAT 2021, from the list of 72 cities.
- XAT Registration Fee of Rs.1750/-. It includes the XAT registration fee and XAT exam 2021 Fee.
- XAT Registration Form 2021 completion involves two steps – first the XAT Exam Registration 2021 and second the filling up of XAT 2020 Application form
- There is no time bound process to complete XAT exam registration and XAT application form 2021. They can be completed in one go or in different stages
- You have to complete the XAT Registration form online only as the offline XAT registration form process has been discontinued by XLRI
- For XAT 2021 exam registration you should visit official XAT exam website.
- The XAT Exam registration 2021 and XAT exam application form 2021 can be submitted only after making payment of XAT 2021 Registration fee.
- XAT exam format has changed to computer based test from the earlier paper based test
XAT 2021 Registration Dates
XLRI Jamshedpur has announced the XAT registration dates, Registration process, XAT exam schedule. The XAT registration 2021 last date is December 10, 2020. XAT registration fees is Rs.1750/-.
XAT 2021 Registration: Offers Facility to Apply for XLRI Admission 2021
The XAT 2021 registration form also offers the facility to apply for XLRI PGDM admission 2021 through the XAT application form with an additional payment of Rs.300/- for each PGDM programme of XLRI. By paying Rs.2050/- you can apply for XAT 2021 as well as for admission to XLRI PGDM 2021-23 batch..
XAT Registration 2021: Important Dates
Below are the XAT 2021 Registration dates for various XAT exam related activities. Although there is a gap of about three months between XAT registration date for application process commencement and XAT registration 2021 last date of Dec 10, it is suggested that you should complete XAT 2021 registration and XAT Application Form Online much before the last date.
XAT Registration 2021 Activity
XAT Registration 2021Dates
XAT 2021 Registration start date
September 12, 2020
Last date for XAT Registration 2021
December 10, 2020 (Till 11.59 PM)
XAT Registration Form Fees 2021
Additional XLRI application fee
Rs. 300/- per programme
XAT Registration Terminology: Know before you proceed
There are terms like New user registration, registered candidate login among others. Before you proceed with the XAT registration, know well what this terminology means in XAT registration form:
Registering for First Time or Already Registered? Check before you Click
Candidates registering for XAT 2021 should first click on New Candidate’s Registration and after receiving XAT ID & Password should click on Registered Candidate Login on XAT website.
What is ‘New User Registration’?
If you are applying for XAT 2021 and have not yet registered, you should click on ‘New Candidate’s Registration’ on the home page of XAT Exam website. This will lead you to the XAT 2021 registration page in which you have to fill up a few basic details. After submission of this page, you will receive your XAT user ID and password which you should use in the subsequent part of XAT 2021 Registration process.
What is ‘Registered Candidate Login’?
After receiving your XAT exam 2021 ID and password, you should login again to the XAT website on home page as Registered Candidate Login with your XAT user ID and XAT password. It will enable you fill up all the remaining pages of XAT 2021 Registration Form, uploading your photograph and signature and making payment of XAT registration fee and final submission of XAT registration form.
How to Fill XAT 2021Registration & Application Form: 8 Steps of XAT Registration 2021
XAT registration process is online now. It is important to know how to fill XAT 2021 registration form and make payment of XAT registration fee to become eligible for XAT 2021 exam. While XLRI-XAT Registration and application form completion involves 6 broad steps, the application form is divided into 10 pages with eight steps. There is no separate XAT 2021 application form. For XAT 2021 Registration, the candidates have to complete the process in following steps:
- Step-1: Register on official XAT website to get XAT 2021 ID and Password
- Step-2: Fill in Complete Personal Details in XAT 2021 Application Form
- Step-3: Fill in Academics from class 10 & 12 on the next page of XAT form
- Step-4: Fill in Details of Other Qualification, Graduation & Work Experience
- Step-5: Fill in your choice of XLRI Programmes and choice of XAT Test City
- Step-6: Upload Documents
- Step-7: Make Declaration
- Step-8: Make Payment online for XAT 2021 Registration Fee, XAT Application Fee and XLRI Programme Application Fee
XAT Registration 2021: Step by Step Procedure - How to Fill the XAT Form
For your convenience to know the process on how to fill XAT 2021 Registration form, the complete XAT registration step wise form filling procedure is shared below:
Step-1: Register for XAT 2021 to Get User ID & PW & Verify on Your Mail
You need to register yourself on xatonline.in with some basic details like your name, email id, phone number. The next action points which you need to do are:
- You will get a message from XLRI XAT on your mail id
- Open your mail box and verify the link
- Immediately after the verification you will get XAT Id and password
Now, you have two options to fill your XAT application: Either login to XAT application page directly from the verification link on your mail; or login later with your XAT 2021 ID and password to fill your XAT application form
Step-2: Complete Personal Details & Address in XAT Registration Form 2021
This information is divided into three parts – your personal details, your parents’ details and your address.
Step 2.1: Personal Details
The first page of XAT 2021 Registration and application form requires you to fill all your personal details like complete name, date of birth, gender, email id, alternate email id, mobile number, alternate mobile number, age, nationality, blood group among others. So, keep all these things ready before filling in your personal details
Step 2.2: Parents’ Details
The next part is to fill your parents’ details in the application form. If you are married and is a female, you need to enter details of your Husband and not of your parents
Step 2.3: Address Details
In this part of XAT registration form 2021, you need to fill in your address details like communication address with pincode, city, district, country among others
Step-3: Fill in Academics for class 10 & 12 in XAT Registration Form
On this XAT registration page you are required to fill up academic details of you class and 12/diploma
Step-4: Fill in Details of Graduation/Other Qualification & Work Experience
Step-5: Fill in your choice of XLRI Programme, Test City in XAT Exam Registration Form
On this XAT application page
- You can choose one or more programmes offered by XLRI. The additional application fee is Rs.300/- for each XLRI programme
- You can choose 2 preferred test cities to appear in XAT 2021 out of the 72 test cities.
Step-6: Upload Documents
You need to upload your photo, signature, certificates for class 10, 12 & graduation. The photo that you upload should be the latest one as it would be matched at the time of entrance exam
Step-7: Make Declaration
On this page you need to confirm that whatever you have stated in the application form is true and correct. So, it is better to preview the application form before clicking on it, making payment and submitting it
Step-8: Make Payment of XAT online Registration 2021
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards, Credit Cards
- Please note that after clicking on ‘Submit’ button you will not be able to edit your XAT application form details. So, preview your application and ensure all the details are correct.
- Once you ‘Submit’ after making payment of your XAT Application Form online, you will get confirmation for successful submission of XAT Registration and Application form
- Take Print of your XAT Application Form Summary for future reference
Important Guidelines for Filling XAT 2021 Application Form
To register and apply for XAT 2021, following key points should be kept in mind:
- Update and validate your Computer/Laptop & Email A/c: To register for XAT 2021, your computer system should be equipped with Mozilla Firefox/Google Chrome/Internet explorer latest version. Also keep your e-mail account validated throughout the XAT 2021 application process and till the XLRI Admission process is not complete.
- Gather Important Documents: Before beginning to complete XAT 2021 exam registration and completing the XAT exam application form, the important aspect with XAT 2021 application form is to collect all your personal details, academic qualifications, scanned photo and signature image of required size which are required to complete the application form.
- Carefully Read instructions: Before moving on with XAT 2021 Application Process, you should read and follow the instructions how to complete the XAT Application Form to avoid any waste of time and your XAT Application form fee.
- Pay XLRI Application Fee through XAT Website: XAT Exam Registration process offers the opportunity to apply for admission to various XLRI Jamshedpur PGDM programmes. The XAT 2021registration Form has separate columns to apply for each PGDM programme of XLRI. You can avail this facility, if you wish to apply for admission to XLRI. At a nominal additional application fee of Rs.300, you can submit your XLRI application online for admission alongwith XAT registration form.
- Quickly complete XAT 2021Registration Form: Once you begin the XAT registration and application process by entering your personal details, it will take hardly 15 minutes to complete the XAT registration and application form. You will receive a confirmation mail on successful submission of XAT registration form after you make payment of the XAT exam fee.
- Submit XAT Exam Application form early: It will be better to complete XAT 2021 Registration process early to avoid non-availability of preferred test centre. No change of test city requests will be entertained once candidates have made the payment of their XAT Registration Fees and XAT Application form fees.
XAT online registration process which had started on September 12 is now open ill December 10, 2020 without any late fee.
Revised XAT Registration Fees & XAT Application Form Fees
The XAT registration fee 2021 is slightly increased by XLRI. The XAT 2021 Registration fees and XAT Application form fees is now Rs.1750/- as against Rs.1700 last year. The XAT Registration fee includes the XAT Application form fees and the XAT 2021 Exam Fee also.
However, the XLRI PGDM programme application fee is not included in XAT Registration fee and the candidates have to apply for admission to XLRI programme by paying additional fee while completing the XAT registration form. The XAT 2021 Registration Fee depending upon the submission date of XAT application form is as under:
XAT 2021 Registration Fee Component
XAT Application Fee Amount
XAT Registration Fees
Additional XLRI admission Application Form Fee (Without late fee)
Rs. 300/- For Each XLRI PGDM Programme
Fee for Indian Candidates applying for XLRI-GMP through GMAT
Fee for NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes of XLRI through GMAT
Important Notes on XAT Registration and XAT Application Fee:
- Above mentioned is the XAT 2021 Registration Fee and XAT Application Form Fees to apply for each XLRI PGDM programmes.
- XLRI has asked the candidates to wait for 1-2 days in case the payment is deducted from respective credit/debit card or the account, but is not reflected against your XAT registration in payment status page.
XAT 2020 Registration Fee Payment: Important Guidelines & Instructions
- The XAT form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the payment instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE PAYMENT
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated..Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional XAT ID and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Card charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed. There is facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
There is facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees.
Specifications for Photograph & Signature Images
Before applying online for XAT 2021a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his / her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
- IN CASE THE FACE IN THE PHOTOGRAPH OR SIGNATURE IS UNCLEAR, THE APPLICATION MAY BE REJECTED.
- CANDIDATE MAY EDIT THE APPLICATION AND RE-UPLOAD THE PHOTOGRAPH/SIGNATURE IN SUCH CASE.
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture.
- The picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 20KB-50KB.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Applicant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
- Size of file should be between 10KB —20KB.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
How to Scan the Photograph & Signature for XAT?
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option
How to Upload Photograph & Signature in XAT Form 2021?
While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his photograph and signature. The Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature is as under:
- Check the size and format of photo & signature before upload
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature
- Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature"
- Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the 'Upload' button
XAT Online Registration 2021: Required Documents
Register online on the XLRI-XAT 2021 website from August 23, to November 30, 2020
- Upload your latest scanned colour passport size photo at the time of Online XAT Registration 2021.
- Candidate must provide Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address as these details cannot be changed once the XAT registration 2021 is complete. All above information is required for XAT 2021 Exam Registration.
- XAT 2021 Exam Registration process and application fee payment process for the MBA programmes in XLRI is simplified further. Now the candidates can pay the XAT 2021 Exam Fee and Application Fee for XLRI PGDM 2021-23 Programme through online XAT Test website along with the XAT 2021 Registration
- No changes shall be permitted after closing date in the XAT Application form details
- Ensure that the information you have filled is accurate in XAT 2021 Registration and application form.
- XAT 2021 registration form is to remain online only and there is no XAT 2021 offline registration facility
- XAT 2021 exam registration remains open for 100 days. You can register early without paying late fee or can choose to register later by paying XAT Registration Late Fee.
City-wise List & Cut Off of MBA Colleges accepting XAT Score