IMI New Delhi, one of the top ranked B-schools in India, has completed the final selection process and has also declared the admission result on April 2, 2020 at 7 PM as had committed earlier. IMI conducted last few interview rounds online to complete the final admission process.
Sharing with MBAUniverse.com about the completion of the admission process without delay, Dr Himadri Das, Director General IMI New Delhi said, “The process has been completed on schedule, no delay. Did last few rounds of outstation interviews online and also one residual day for Delhi that is always done at the end, all online. We had committed April 2 to the candidates and delivered.”
IMI New Delhi Highlights:
IMI New Delhi is one of the premier B-schools of India.
- Top Ranked: IMI New Delhi is ranked #14 in MBAUniverse.com B-school Ranking 2020 and among Top 30 B-schools in India as per the MHRD NIRF Ranking 2019.
- Top Placements: IMI has recorded higher average salary at Rs.13.04 LPA in Placement 2020 for the largest ever batch of 308 students. Read details below.
- Internationally Accredited: All programs at IMI New Delhi are approved by AICTE. The PGDM at IMI is Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and is Accredited internationally by the U.K based Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- Global Collaborations: IMI has academic collaborations with many top rated foreign B-Schools like McGill University, Montreal, Canada; and Manchester Business School, U.K.
Programmes offered at IMI New Delhi
IMI Delhi offers following 2 years full time PGDM programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management - Human Resources (PGDHRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Banking and Financial Services (PGDM - B&FS)
Students are given the opportunity to avail diverse electives across various domains such as Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Strategy. The Specialized courses of PGDM-HR and PGDM-Banking and Financial Services are streamlined from the outset. A basket of electives is also available for these courses in second year.
IMI New Delhi Fees
IMI New Delhi PGDM 2020-22 programme wise fee, as announced by IMI New Delhi is as under:
IMI Programme Fee 2020-22
IMI New Delhi PGDM: Intake
PGDM is the flagship programme at IMI New Delhi. Programme wise intake at IMI New Delhi is as follows-
- 2 year full time PGDM: 240 students
- 2 years full time PGDM-HRM: 60 students
- 2 years full time PGDM-B&FS: 60 students
IMI New Delhi Admission Cut Off
With a view to encourage more non-engineers and girl candidates to pursue management courses in line with the policy of top IIMs, IMI New Delhi has brought down the cut off in shortlisting for final selection round. Admission cut offs at IMI New Delhi for PGDM 2020 are expected as under:
Expected cut off
88 - 90
PGDM (Banking & Financial services
85 - 88
Alongwith the CAT score cut offs, IMI New Delhi will consider Academic score cut offs to arrive at the merit list.
IMI New Delhi Placements
IMI New Delhi has a consistent record of excellent placement. The maximum and average compensation packages at IMI New Delhi have been rising year after year. IMI New Delhi is yet again very close to achieve 100% Placement 2020 for the largest batch of 308 students. IMI concluded 91% placement till January 15 with higher average salary of Rs.13.04 LPA for the entire batch. The Placements at IMI are not only faster but the institute has also achieved many milestones this year. Placement 2020 at IMI New Delhi has witnessed high salary packages, more recruiters coming in while the process is still on.
IMI Placements 2020: Key Highlights
- Highest Salary stood at Rs. 20.75 Lakhs for PGDM 2028-20 batch
- PGDM Average Salary Up at Rs.13.04 LPA from Rs.13.01 LPA last year
- Batch size increased to 308 students from 303 students last year
- 38% (122) female students are in the batch
- BFSI emerges as top recruiting segment
- Top recruiters include American Express, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Citi Bank, Future
- Generali, Capgemini, Dell, Hughes Systique, Darwin box, Infosys BPM,Accenture , Browserstack, Sapient, Deloitte USI, EY, MXV Consulting, Nielsen, Analytics Quotient
IMI New Delhi concluded its Placement 2019 recording again 100% placement offers from top recruiters for all the participating students. The Placements at IMI have not only been the fastest among top PGDM B-schools but have also achieved many milestones
The largest batch of 303 students who participated in Placement 2019 at IMI New Delhi witnessed high salary packages giving a jump of 25% in highest salary for PGDM B&FS programme and substantial increase in average salary which has gone up to Rs.13.01 lakhs for PGDM students.
Highest Salary has gone up at Rs. 20.75 Lakhs recording 25% rise over last year offered by Reliance. PGDM Average Salary has gone up at Rs.13.01 Lakhs. A 25% Jump in PPOs has been recorded. Female students; salary packages witnessed 15% Hike in Average salary.
Top recruiters at IMI New Delhi across the sectors in Placement 2019 included Reliance, Accenture, Asian Paints, Capgemini, Citibank, Deloitte, EY, Genpact, Reckitt Benckiser, RPG, Shell, Vedanta, Infosys, Emami, FairTrade among others. There were 46% New Recruiters.
CAT: Mandatory Exam, IMI doesn’t use XAT
CAT 2019 exam score was the principal shortlisting criterion at IMI New Delhi. The IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria 2020. The B-school accepts CAT scores for domestic candidates and GMAT scores for International candidates in admission to its management programmes. IMI New Delhi doesn’t use XAT exam scores.
IMI Application Process for Admission
IMI Application form had to be submitted online only. IMI New Delhi did not accept Admission applications off-line. Applicant should have completed the online application form and submitted it along with the admission application fee.
IMI Admission: Application Fee
IMI Admission Application fee was Rs.2200/- + 18% GST. This application fee was applicable for an applicant who was applying to any one of the two-Year PGDM Programs of IMI New Delhi or IMI New Delhi plus IMI Kolkata and/or IMI Bhubneswar. Accordingly, if you had applied to IMI New Delhi and also wanted to apply for IMI Kolkata and/or IMI Bhubaneswar, you could do so without any extra cost. However, an additional amount of Rs.500/- per programme had to be paid if the candidate applied for more than one PGDM programme at IMI New Delhi
In case you wished to apply for other campuses of International Management Institute (IMI), you were required to add Rs.1000/- + GST for each IMI Institute – IMI Bhubaneswar and/or IMI Kolkata.
IMI New Delhi Admission Eligibility
- The candidate must hold a minimum 3 years’ bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
- It is mandatory for a final year student, who is provisionally considered eligible by IMI New Delhi and offered admission, to submit the mark-sheet and degree certificate of the final year bachelor's degree examination latest by September 30, 2020.
- The candidate should have appeared in CAT 2019 exam and must have scored minimum cut off score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria
IMI New Delhi Admission Criteria was a two step process involving the preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria and the Final selection Criteria with varying weightage to various components including CAT exam score, GD-PI round, Academics among others.
- IMI New Delhi Shortlisting Criteria
The first part of IMI New Delhi Admission criteria was its shortlisting criteria for final selection round. A candidate was shortlisted by IMI New Delhi if he/she met the following shortlisting criteria:
- IMI New Delhi shortlisted the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores or GMAT score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience, if any
- Only shortlisted candidates were called for the final stage of the selection process
- Mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria did not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IMI, New Delhi. IMI, New Delhi has not entertained any correspondence on this subject and decisions of the IMI Admissions Committee remain final in all matters
- Final Admission Selection Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IMI New Delhi
- Final Selection Round 2020 at IMI New Delhi has components like Essay Writing, Psychometric Test, Personal Interview
- Final Admission offer at IMI New Delhi is based on Past academic performance in graduation, class XII & X, Essay Writing, Psychometric Test, Personal Interview besides other qualitative parameters.
- The overall objective has been to identify and assess the candidate’s potential for a managerial career.
IMI New Delhi Admission Process
Following steps are included in the IMI New Delhi Admission procedure:
- Step 1: The candidate must apply and appear and score the minimum required percentile in CAT 2019
- Step 2: Candidates should register and apply for admission to IMI New Delhi latest by December 9, 2019
- Step 3: Candidates are short-listed for GD-PI-WAT Round from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2019 score, who have applied for admission to IMI New Delhi and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 4: Final selection round will be held at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune and Varanasi. Candidates should indicate their first and second preference of interview center in the application form..
- Step 5: After the GD-PI-WAT round, final admission offers will be made to successful candidates. Admission offer will be based on a composite score arrived after the assessment has been made during the various stages of the selection process. The result will be announced through an Admission Portal and will be notified on the IMI, Delhi Website. Offer letters will be sent to the mailing address provided in the application form as also by email.
IMI New Delhi Admission 2020: Step by Step Application Submission
IMI New Delhi application process can be completed in 7 simple steps as described below. This application form filling process is as under:
Step 1: Login as New User
At the IMI New Delhi admission application window ‘Register’, you should login as new user by inserting your Name, Email ID, Mobile number
Step 2: Choose Your Programme
The next page on the IMI Admission site displays the IMI programmes and IMI campuses with online application window and required application fee to be paid online. You should choose the preferred IMI campus and programme that you want to apply for.
Step 3: Complete Personal & Programme Details
This page requires you to fill in the preferred programmes and campuses you wish to apply for. You need to complete your all personal details and should upload the photograph of required size. Please select two preferred Personal Interview (PI) centres out of the list which is displayed on the page. Complete the details and move to next page
Step 4: Enter Address Details
A separate page to enter your correspondence and permanent address has been created on the IMI Application form. In case your permanent address is same as correspondence address, you should simply click on ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Enter Academic Details
Next page on IMI application form requires you to fill up all your academic details backwards from graduation to class 10. Please note that you cannot enter the academic details prior to 2011. You are also required to fill in your CAT 2019 registration ID. If you have appeared or appearing in GMAT, you need to enter GMAT exam ID, exam year in DD/MM/YY format alongwith your GMAT score.
However, candidates appearing for GMAT or no GMAT score while applying can enter numeric `0’ in the GMAT score field and should email their score card immediately after the test to IMI New Delhi.
Step 6: Work Experience
If you have work experience after completing your graduation, you should complete it in months on this page. In case of no work experience simply click on ‘No’ and move ahead. IMI wants to know the source of information about the institute on this page, so click on the relevant source from the drop down menu.
Step 7: Make Payment of Application Fee
IMI New Delhi asks you to make payment of application fee after you have completed your application form. This is the final step to fill the application form. You can make payment through Credit/Debit card, Net Banking, UPI.
Check Application Status of all Top B-schools in India on MBAUniverse.com Admissions 2020 Channel.
|MBA/PGDM Admissions 2020: Application Deadline closing soon | Apply Now!|
|XIME KOCHI, Admission PGDM 2020-22|
|EMPI New Delhi PGDM Admissions 2020|
|Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar|
|Nalanda University MBA in Bihar Admission 2020||JKBS Gurgaon, PGDM Admission 2020|
Stay tuned to MBAuniverse.com for more updates on IMI New Delhi