CMAT 2021 Exam date is February 22 or Feb 27, 2021. This year CMAT will be conducted in two separate slots. The CMAT 2021 Syllabus for each slot remains the same. There are four sections in CMAT Exam and the CMAT 2021 exam syllabus for each of the four exam sections is at par with other other top MBA entrance tests. However, the CMAT exam syllabus has not been strictly pre-defined by AICTE or the National Testing Agency (NTA) which will conduct CMAT exam 2021. Going by the past trends and CMAT test structure over the years, the CMAT syllabus covers all the important topics on which questions are formed in each section. CMAT Syllabus 2021 for CMAT exam to be held on February 22 or 27, 2021 by NTA, contains the expected topics on which questions would be asked in CMAT 2021 exam. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has not changed the CMAT 2021 syllabus or its sectional composition after taking over the CMAT exam from AICTE.
To know the overall CMAT 2021 syllabus, you should be aware about the sectional composition of CMAT syllabus and the sectional weightage of each section in CMAT exam. Although National Testing Agency (NTA) has not officially released the CMAT syllabus 2021 document, the CMAT syllabus 2021 PDF free download as prepared by India’s top CMAT experts and past CMAT toppers is available now.
CMAT 2021 Syllabus Pdf
CMAT Syllabus PDF is very wide with many topics getting added or deleted every year. It goes on changing with each CMAT exam. The updated CMAT 2021 syllabus PDF can help you boost your CMAT preparation as per the current CMAT pattern. The CMAT 2021 Syllabus PDF free download is available online. It contains the existing and expected topics alongwith the type of questions expected in CMAT exam.
The CMAT syllabus 2021 PDF is based on past paper pattern, test contents and topics on each of the four sections of the exam which appeared in earlier CMAT exams. Although the CMAT 2021 will be on past exam pattern, some changes in CMAT syllabus PDF are brought about as per the revised CMAT exam pattern.
Key features of CMAT 2021 Syllabus PDF:
- CMAT Syllabus PDF is divided into four sections – Language Comprehension; Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation; Logical Reasoning; General Awareness.
- Each of the four sections in CMAT syllabus PDF has equal weightage of 25% with 25 questions
- The CMAT exam syllabus Pdf reflects that CMAT is not of high difficulty level exam
- The topics in CMAT syllabus on which Questions are asked are simple and straight and are not twisted
- CMAT Exam Syllabus PDF Free Download is available at a click of button
CMAT Exam 2021: Moderate Difficulty Level Exam
CMAT exam syllabus despite covering all the important topics has a moderate difficulty level. There are four sections in CMAT exam 2021 and the CMAT 2021 exam syllabus covers all of these four sections with key changes in the topics and question contents. Read More about CMAT Exam Pattern
How to Cover Complete CMAT 2021 Syllabus
CMAT Exam syllabus is based on past CMAT exams and types of questions that appear in the CMAT exam. The best way to get hands-on feel and practice on CMAT question topics covered in CMAT syllabus, is to go through the previous CMAT exam papers and attempt CMAT Mock tests. To give you a complete understanding of CMAT syllabus, experts at MBAUniverse.com have prepared CMAT Mocks which can guide you with the right type of questions covered in CMAT exam syllabus. Read More about CMAT Mock Tests
MAT Syllabus: Composition
CMAT 2021 exam Syllabus shared below is based on revamped and updated Syllabus of CMAT Exam, the structure of which has consistently remained the same for last few years. Here is the updated CMAT syllabus for all the four sections of CMAT. The CMAT 2021 exam syllabus includes some forgotton topics which may appear again in CMAT exam
Sectional Sub-division of CMAT 2021 Syllabus
CMAT syllabus 2021 is further subdivided. This sectional sub-division in CMAT syllabus makes CMAT 2021 as an exam with six effective sections.
The section-1 in CMAT exam on Language Comprehension is divided into two parts - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; Section-2 on Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation also consists of two parts with Mathematics and Data Interpretation questions; section-3 in CMAT exam consists of Logical Reasoning which has questions on various topics of Logical Reasoning. Section-4 in CMAT exam is the General Awareness (GK) Section which covers current affairs, static GK, Business & Economy, International current affairs, Who’s Who, Constitution of India, United Nations Organization among other key topics.
All the sections have equal number of questions. The CMAT exam syllabus for Quantitative Ability section is also very wide and covers each and every topic in Mathematics with greater emphasis on Arithmetic. CMAT 2021 exam syllabus is thus based on the past paper patterns which contain questions from all these sections.
Section Wise CMAT Syllabus
CMAT Syllabus 2021 containing all the sections is shared below:
Section-1: CMAT Syllabus on Language Comprehension
CMAT defines its Verbal Ability section as Language Comprehension. It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs and reading comprehension.
Key topics in CMAT Syllabus are
- Usage of Articles
- Dangling Modifiers
- Usage on Nouns & Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions –regular and followed, Verbs, Syntax, Subject-verb Agreement, Simple, continuous, Perfect tenses and Conditional-unreal past.
- Jumbled paragraphs
CMAT gives you shorter RC passages of 500-600 words. The passages are not very difficult passages. There is no fix rule on framing the questions based on Reading comprehension passage, which is followed by at least 4-5 questions each.
Questions could be any of following types:
- Questions based on inference drawn
- Questions based on the Central idea of the passage
- Questions based on phrases, idioms
- Questions based on expression in the passage.
Section-2: CMAT Syllabus on Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Questions in this section are usually single and are not based on sets. Major topics are:
- Arithmetic-Ratio, mixtures, work, average, percentage, Time & speed, Profit and loss, interest, basic statistics
- Number properties
- Counting principles
- Derivatives ( Maxima-Minima)
- Table and pie chart
- Bar diagrams and graphs
Section-3: CMAT Syllabus on Logical Reasoning
The section is a mix of the topics from arrangements like linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding.
Major Topics in the Logical Reasoning Syllabus for CMAT are:
- Logical puzzle,
- Numerical puzzle
- Venn Diagram
- True/false statements
- Visual Reasoning
Section-4: CMAT Syllabus on General awareness
This section in CMAT Syllabus PDF can be divided into three parts and each part has to be given due weightage.
- Conventional GK-available in books
- Current GK- based on current reading of newspapers and periodicals;
- Business & Economics GK -for example changes in Fiscal and monetary policy, CRR, Repo Rate,
- Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee.
- Business, National and International events
- Who’s who
- Constitutional of India,
- Currency and Capitals of the countries
- States of India
- International Organizations
- Monetary and fiscal tools
- Identification of personalities, companies among others.
Remember: No CMAT preparation without CMAT Syllabus
The fact is that you will find it difficult to proceed with CMAT preparation even if you have all the CMAT preparation material, unless you know the CMAT exam syllabus. CMAT MBA exam syllabus is much wider than one can anticipate. CMAT syllabus does not leave any study topic untouched. The glimpses of CMAT syllabus 2021 for MBA admission 2021 is a testimony to this fact.
If you go through the CMAT exam syllabus, it will help you to decide when to begin CMAT preparation? How to prepare for CMAT 2021? What important topics covered in CMAT syllabus need your focused attention in CMAT preparation and so on so forth.
Going by the past trends and past CMAT exam pattern, CMAT complete syllabus for each section of Management Aptitude Test (MAT) has been shared above to help the CMAT 20209 aspirants in CMAT preparation in accordance with the CMAT 2021 exam syllabus.
Important Points about CMAT Exam Syllabus
- CMAT 2021 exam syllabus is based on the mentioned guidelines and current structure of CMAT exam.
- CMAT Exam Syllabus has never had any boundaries and this fact also applies to define the CMAT 2021 exam syllabus.
- CMAT 2020 exam syllabus is based on recent trends in CMAT exams and putting it the right way, the CMAT syllabus is the outcome of the topics which have earlier appeared in CMAT exam although the type of questions, their composition, format and number may change in each subsequent CMAT exam.
- CMAT exam Syllabus covers all the major topics on these three test sections which are further divided into sub-sections.
- The key point in CMAT exam syllabus 2021 is that there is no repetition of CMAT questions in any CMAT exam although difficulty level of the questions in CMAT exam would not go out of CMAT exam syllabus.
- Once you know about the details and pattern of CMAT Exam 2021, your next step for CMAT preparation is to go through and duly scan the CMAT exam Syllabus.
|Take CMAT 2020 Full MockTest 1: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|Take CMAT 2020 Full MockTest 2: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|
|Take CMAT 2020 Full MockTest 3: To assess your preparation in revised CMAT 2019 exam pattern with 100 questions.|